Keyless Ignition Mod HOW TO WITH PICS

One quick clarification re the system in general - some have possibly been confused by the 'Alarm Extender Harness' and 'Alarm Connector' References.
There is NO (audible) alarm on my system - the 'Alarm' reference is purely to the Interface on the bike that my system utilizes, where the factory option (Datatool) Alarm would normally connect.
Just like that factory Alarm, an Extender is required for the Rocket because of the bizarre location of where the Main Harness Interface resides (mid-section under the tank).

.... Do you print the circuit boards yourself?

Designed the layout myself but use a commercial service to print them - Express PCB has a fast turn and is reasonably cost-effective for their 'prototyping' service for small orders
(I 'cheat' a little bit - their mini-board service is for three boards of a very specific size - but I designed my layout so I can fit 4 of my boards within that size envelope; so instead of 3, I get 12 - just have to cut them out into the individual pieces)
Then I assemble them myself - this circuit (the earlier version) was my first foray into SMD surface mount and pleased with the results.

Incidentally Express PCB has nice (free!) software you can use for doing both the schematics and layouts, whether you use them to actually print the boards or not!

p.s. Just added the demo video to post #140 on previous page.

Last edited:
Guessing it is quite expensive by the way price requests keep getting ignored..or un-answered anyway. Mates ignition has gone belly-up .. told him I'd seen posts about keyless ignition. He'd like to know how much .. compared to the $600 a new ignition costs us .. so I was told. So can someone please post the price !!!

Guessing it is quite expensive by the way price requests keep getting ignored..or un-answered anyway.
... So can someone please post the price !!!

If you're talking about my system, no-one has ever been ignored by me - anyone wants price, all they have to do is pm me - i won't publish on here - this is not the classifieds.
Anyone who has asked on here has not been ignored and if they haven't initiated the conversation after indicating interest, I have, although I am cautious it not be a solicitation.

Yes, my system is not inexpensive (cheap) - if looking for a cost-effective replacement to OEM key-switch, my Key-Less Kit is not it - if anyone wants it, it is for its capabilities & features, not as a fix to a problem.
If cost is an issue IDK indicates a $40 Key-Less solution in his signature.

... He'd like to know how much .. compared to the $600 a new ignition costs us .. so I was told.

A key-switch (stand-alone, not complete lock-set) is $167 USD here in the US which is $226 AUD - plus shipping plus transit time - or buy directly from dealer in Oz.
I suspect the $600 AUD price is the complete lock-set kit (which includes complete gas cap, seat latch etc) which is almost 3x price of the main key-switch - the original key-lock can be transferred over quite readily to the new electrical switch assembly however, negating requirement to buy that full lock-set, in order to keep same key for tank, seat etc.

There is also repair guide here -http://www.r3owners.net/threads/diy-ignition-switch-repair-get-home-keep-your-locks.22420/

Yeh $600 is quote for the complete lock set. As far as not responding to requests for price , read through all the posts like I did .. half a dozen requests at least. Thanks for your response.

Like the man said, talk to him directly, and he responds instantly (or nearly so). System is on my bike, and it's the cat's meow, and so is his support of it.

I have his Keyless & PDM 60 on my Bonnie
Advice, support & product all first class,
Praise where it is due :thumbsup:

Like the man said, talk to him directly, and he responds instantly (or nearly so). System is on my bike, and it's the cat's meow, and o is his support of it.
I have his Keyless & PDM 60 on my Bonnie
Advice, support & product all first class,
Praise where it is due :thumbsup:

Installed on my Rocket 3 1st class product and backup

Back