Keyless Ignition Mod HOW TO WITH PICS

JoseyR3Wales

Living Legend
Ride
2014 Victory Vision Tour
A) I do not accept responsibility or laibility for any damages this mod may incur on YOUR bike.
B) Lift fuel tank and prop on rod, if you have Rivco Risers, loosen guages and lay back up over the bars (forward) to get clearance to raise fuel tank(Thank you Scot In Exile).
C) Tools needed will be wire strippers, a crimp tool or buy wire connectors from Eastern Beaver, heat shrink tubing, insulated "Butt Splices", preferably a high temp wire of at least # 14 AWG (American Wire Guage), zip ties, and patience:D.

D) Purchase an automobile relay at your local parts store, I used a 40 amp and they have 30 amp as well.
E) Purchase a wireless remote rated at 15 or 20 amps.

I only hope that if you ever have to take it to some premadonna Triumph tech that he doesn't destroy your work like they do with my accent lighting wiring. It never fails that when I get it back from the dealer for warranty work, service or whatever .... half the after market stuff I've added doesn't work and I have to go through and fix all the wiring they ripped apart. I complained about it the first time it happened, and they said "it wasn't OEM and was in the way". So I just fix it when I get it back, and in the process I usually find other **** the tech left loose or dirty.

I CAN do these in the evening after rides are over in MV and the bikes cool down, maybe NM and I can run a tech lane for a little while if you're uncomfortable. Then we can line up and flash our lights at the HD crowd from somewhere else. If interested, let me know, I'll bring tools, etc. you bring parts. NM may just want to hang out. I can help do a couple an evening.

Okay I volunteer my bike do not try and talk me out of it:D it would probably be better with the tank removed would give you a lot more room plus I have the triple K&Ns so it is wide open under my tank, you supply the expertise and I will supply the Irn Bru.
Irn Bru is the national (soft) drink of Scotland it easily out sells coke.

I have all the parts and am waiting for it to stop raining.
Will probably do it tomorrow or Sunday.
I did have a question. I got a relay with 5 prongs.
It has 2 #87's, one marked with a funny character next to the 87,
kinda like this: 0=

Any idea which pin 87 I should use?

I have all the parts. After this weekends ride I'll be doing my keyless ignition
along with tripple k&n's, headlight relays, and pc-8 fuse block. plus all of my 50k
matinence stuff other than valves, I'll let the dealer do that.
then its a new dyno tune......come on 160hp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back