K&N Big Cones

Son_Of_Dog

Unfailing Millennial
Ride
08 Rocket III Touring
I'm having a hard time finding this kit anywhere...

K&N Intake Kit for Triumph Rocket III

So I have a few questions.

Can I fit the big cones in the kit above in any other airbox eliminator kit? Has anyone tried this? I'm thinking about the Ramair kit specifically, or maybe this one:

K&N High Flow Air Box Eliminator Kit for Triumph Rocket III Online from Pure-Triumph.com

I like the look of the big cones with the chrome ends on them for my bike, so if I can achieve that look, suggestions that I haven't thought of are welcome.

I also have a Touring, none of the larger straight K@Ns fit due to the tank sloping down at the back, I run 1770s, the boots are angled. I'm not sure if that size is necessary for an unmodified Touring, someone once posted a part number for angled ones that don't stick so far, 1770s are 6" tall and do hold your left leg out an inch or so, but after the first ride muscle memory kicks in and I never noticed.
Bob Carpenter said he was impressed, no apparent restriction on Dyno pulls with or without filters with these.

IMG_20191212_112521813.jpg
IMG_20191212_112527440.jpg

PS, kit in link you posted does not fit a Touring, specifically says so.

I see that now. I guess I got distracted with the pretty pictures. I like the way yours looks, but maybe I'll just stick with the Ramair option. I'm not super thrilled with the vanilla bearclaw look but if the options are that or a filter that I would *definitely* crush with my leg, I'll probably just go get the bearclaw engraved.

Unless you are building your engine, there is no need for all that stuff. Ramair and a good header is what you should spend your money on.
Until your abilities reach the handling limits of your bike, there is no need for more power.

Back