JW Speaker 8630 Evolutions Fitted

@xlr8tion it is a tight fit, but it does fit. Getting the wiring to sit the right way in the bucket is the tricky bit. I didn't really look too much at other brands as I didn't find anything comparable. There are lots of LED lights out there, but none with the same brightness, or with so many good reviews on multiple forums. There may be more available now, but I am still happy with them.
IDK....thanks for the clarification ....when you ordered yours was the 4000/6000K Cyclops available? I see in their store that the model you suggest is back ordered but the 4k/6k is ready to ship? Just curious why you went with one model over the other within the same brand.

Thanks....G

The 4k/6k wasn't available last fall apparently it is new.
I noticed the Gen 3 used MKR emmitters which do 147 lumens per watt versus the Gen 4 s which use XLM2 emitters which are at about 115/W but run warmer...Both should be ungodly bright and not insanely priced like the EVOs at 385 a pop...
Will let you know what Cyclops says today when I call....Get conspicuous!

The Eastern Beaver Headlight Relay kit (or similar) is a must-have particularly on 2010 or older Rockets. The increased brightness of the headlights is a side benefit of saving your ignition switch. Consult the threads on the hundreds of fried ignition switches if you need convincing. Yes, the headlights are significantly brighter but the real reason for the EB kit is to save your ignition switch. Pity the fools that do not heed the warning.

Hello there. I have not checked the date on this thread, and I am also new to this forum. I have a question regarding your recommendation for the Eastern Beaver kit. Would this be needed for a bulb upgrade only? (2015 r3 roadster) Or is it also recommended for a full plug n play headlight swap? I've found a good deal on some JW 8630s. If this kit will save me the grief of a fried ignition switch, I'll go for it. But I'd also like to save the $80 if not needed. Thanks in advance.

I don't think the Eastern Beaver kit is required for the Roadster models, 2010 and up (needs confirmation) since Triumph performed an upgrade to the headlight wiring sometime around then. Your 2015 Roadster should be fine.

If you replace the standard halogen bulbs with LED bulbs or full blown LED sealed beams, you would reduce the power requirements dramatically. You probably wouldn't need to upgrade the ignition switch by doing this on the earlier models. Even though I owned a updated 2012 Roadster, I performed my own upgrade.. see this thread Home Made EB headlight relay harness

I don't think the Eastern Beaver kit is required for the Roadster models, 2010 and up (needs confirmation) since Triumph performed an upgrade to the headlight wiring sometime around then. Your 2015 Roadster should be fine.

If you replace the standard halogen bulbs with LED bulbs or full blown LED sealed beams, you would reduce the power requirements dramatically. You probably wouldn't need to upgrade the ignition switch by doing this on the earlier models. Even though I owned a updated 2012 Roadster, I performed my own upgrade.. see this thread Home Made EB headlight relay harness

Thanks a lot for the help. I think I'll pull the trigger on those lights now. I dont think I'm as ambitious as you as far as the diy EB kit. If I decide to add any more electronics/power ports I'll probably just pay for the kit. For now, it's good to know I'm safe with a newer model + LEDs. This is my first Triumph, having ridden Yamahas for 15 years, and a Huaqvarna for a few years. I know it's going to require a bit more attention than my yamahas did so I'm trying to cover all my bases and learn what I can about maintenance and avoiding future issues. Next thing...suspension and clutch upgrades (if/when the first clutch goes)

Thanks a lot for the help. I think I'll pull the trigger on those lights now. I dont think I'm as ambitious as you as far as the diy EB kit. If I decide to add any more electronics/power ports I'll probably just pay for the kit. For now, it's good to know I'm safe with a newer model + LEDs. This is my first Triumph, having ridden Yamahas for 15 years, and a Huaqvarna for a few years. I know it's going to require a bit more attention than my yamahas did so I'm trying to cover all my bases and learn what I can about maintenance and avoiding future issues. Next thing...suspension and clutch upgrades (if/when the first clutch goes)

You should be fine on your 2015 model. I had fitted the EB kit long before the lights became available.

And a little FYI if your bike is a 2005 to 2009 Standard with 3 pipes. The best way around the ignition switch meltdown whether or not you upgrade the headlights, is to get a relay bypass from @DEcosse. Ken is a genius and has made his kit simple as it is plug and play. The EB is not. The EB has to be spliced into several wires you have to find. Ken's kit looks factory made and he can accessorize it to your liking. It is amazing.

Last edited:
Back