Just Purchased a Basket Case ... Need Help ... Lots of it.

Rob, Steve and I went through the engine and found just about everything looks great. Should be all good to put back together. Looks like the drive shaft and final drive couple have stripped out. I think this is why it "would not go into gear". Really.

I got a drive shaft and final drive used parts on line and found a NOS complete engine gasket kit.

I would like to up-date several small parts like the detent wheel and such. Anybody have some of these small parts ?

Rob, Steve and I went through the engine and found just about everything looks great. Should be all good to put back together. Looks like the drive shaft and final drive couple have stripped out. I think this is why it "would not go into gear". Really.

I got a drive shaft and final drive used parts on line and found a NOS complete engine gasket kit.

I would like to up-date several small parts like the detent wheel and such. Anybody have some of these small parts ?
thats great to hear. So all you rely need is the new detent wheel, the second gear update, and two new torsional damper bearings. Maybe the torsional damper cover ( not sure if any bearing bore sizes or locations changed or not ?

I personally would send the transmission to Robinson's, but be carefull you might like it better then the one in your 06.

Warp why do the Torsional Damper bearings need to be replaced ? They are both tight and spin freely.
If its the updated bearings then it doesn't. By updated I mean a fully sealed rear that is grease packed and the front bearing should be open on the foward side. ilIf the front was in backwards it was starved of oil and not worth taking a chance because if your wrong your pulling a lot back apart. Same with the rear bearing it has no oil feed but by dumb luck which is why it was updated to a sealed grease packed bearing.

I have sent him two emails and tried calling ---no reply
The guy's name is Don, he replied to my email, now in my email I said I have a friend in his area and could they look at the items, he said no problem but he just needed a little bit notice as he had to get them out of storage also has a phone number. Did ask what I was interested in and what I was willing to pay, so the whole lot for $200 is not on

Back