Just Purchased a Basket Case ... Need Help ... Lots of it.

If you want to pull it open and inspect the trans, probably a good idea, we will need the following to put it back together at a minimum, assuming nothing is wrong internally.

Clutch Nut
Clutch Cover Gasket
Threebond 1207B
Stator Cover Gasket
Detent Spring
Red Loctite
Input shaft Bearing bolts
Detent shaft bolt
Special tool to remove the flywheel

Can be done in a day if the transmission shafts don't need to come apart to have gears/dogs replaced. His original problem sounds like a detent Spring broke or the detent wheel came loose somehow, it wouldn't shock me, it's only held in by a metal tab and bolt.

If it needs long wait time parts, I could be convinced to ride out after you get the parts in hand to assist later this winter.

Took it to the shop that did the diagnosis. Talked to the mechanic. He remembered the job and came out and looked at it with me. Went over the engine and drive line. He showed me how bad the drive shaft splines are and the coupler in the final drive. Going to need to replace the drive shaft and the final drive. He also told me he found everything Ok in the transmission and output shafts. The problem he found with the shifting was the spring for the lifter piece had fallen off when he opened the clutch cover. (I'm not sure if it does that when you take it off anyway.) He found the internal bolts for the shift drum loose and some others loose bolts around that area. He explained it better, but I can't remember exactly how /what he said it.

Do any of you guys have good drive shafts and final drives to sell ?

Still looking for an Up-Date kit too.

Bill.

Back