Just Purchased a Basket Case ... Need Help ... Lots of it.

Just call @warp9.9 or @Claviger - they seem to like doing them.

Yes I was already thinking about Claviger. He and 1olbull will be stopping by again on the return from Texas to Washington. I am hoping he has some good ideas for this.

I have 2 guest rooms available.

I have possession now. It is all in my trailer parked in front of the garage. The former owner is trying to find his paperwork from the dealer. If he can't, I'm going over to the dealer on Tuesday (closed Sunday/Monday) and request a copy. I would like to talk to mechanic too.

OMG I hope you can get those boys to pop in And give you some help.

I do like the leather like bags.

I have a set that came with my Rocket which I have replaced with a of rocket leather panniers.

I just purchased this basket case. It is 2005 and had some issues with the final drive and the output in the back of the engine. I don't have the details yet. Original owner took it to the new Triumph dealer here and they did this. They have no idea of what they are doing.

I need some help from you guys.

I know I'm going to need an Up-Date Kit. Would any of you guys who have multiple kits or a kit you are not going to use be willing to let go of one ... PLEASE. Silver or Black is OK.

There are at least a few accessories I am going to sell or trade.

Or I may just sell or trade the all parts as they are.

What can we do ?

I am going to go pick it up this afternoon. I have go the store and buy several large plastic storage bins. I will let you know what I need after I get it home and do a thorough inventory and inspection.

Edit: This is a one owner bike. When I picked it up today I asked him what had happened that made him take in for repair. He said he road the bike 2 blocks from his house to the gas station. It shifted a little funny. Meaning it was not normal to him, hard to shift and popped out of gear. When he got ready to leave the station, it would not go into gear. Not first or second. He pushed it home. He said he had no other problem before this. I doubt he would have used more than third gear (maybe only second ) on the ride to the station. The 2 blocks from his house to the station are residential back streets with 20 mph speed limit. The bike has 42,000 miles on it.

00202_3jYSse7Dqyg_600x450.jpg

Now THAT is my definition of ambition!!

Back