Is it a battery issue?

There always is - but you need to know how to read it...

They are mostly coded, so the producer or the OEM knows, but the final customer does not.

Funfact: I bought a new one for my XT just yesterday... it even has a display and a counter telling you since how maby days it's in use...

1698743181128.png

..No...it means if the battery is flat then you have to push the bike!...Everyone knows that!
I can hardly keep the thing straight up when it's stopped. How the hell can I push the thing fast enough to turn over the engine when popping the clutch. Running along side it at that. :roll::roll: I miss those kick starters. Had a 1978 Honda CB750-K Four that had one, besides being electric start. (Had a center stand, too). Of course now days you can get yourself a power pack jump-start that can fit in any saddle bag. :):) Sorry off topic.

I can hardly keep the thing straight up when it's stopped. How the hell can I push the thing fast enough to turn over the engine when popping the clutch. Running along side it at that. :roll::roll: I miss those kick starters. Had a 1978 Honda CB750-K Four that had one, besides being electric start. (Had a center stand, too). Of course now days you can get yourself a power pack jump-start that can fit in any saddle bag. :):) Sorry off topic.
Had the same bike, gave it to my son in law

I ain’t pushin no Rocket.:laugh:

To make a long story short.
Left a bike with a dealer for few days when was away to have it serviced. 2021 GT model.
On a arrival to collect they told me somebody switched on the heated Corbin seat and deflated battery. Boost charged it for half an hour , bike started ok and off I was.
Got home and put a bike in a garage , plugged a charger and next day battery was full. So unplugged it and left it. Few day later bike didn't start. Lights went on, pump started but it didn't crank. Plugged it back on. Next day the same. Plugged etc today battery seemed full on a charger but nothing happened. Even lights didn't go on. After few tried they did but that was all. Flashing green light on battery charger.
Dealer told me it's a battery and to replace it. But what do you smart people think?
Also ok can't even move the battery. Is it fitted in somehow?
Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks
Maybe a dumb question...but I'll ask, as I had a similar problem with my Rocket doing everything except start...did you accidentally hit the kill switch?

Back