albertaduke

former airline pilot without the big bucks
Ride
2021 rocket3 GT
this post is addressed to any jardine equipped rocket 3's owners
the experienced mechanic who took my bike for a ride to determine the cause of the slamming noise I heard when riding specifically in 4th and 5th when loading the engine from 2100 RPM .... according to him it is NOT from the gearbox but most likely from the exhaust !!!! therefore any captain riding with jardine pipes heard this before?? I am puzzled as the noise is not something I would expect from pipes , being very metallic in feel and felt strongly through the footpegs .chime in if you heard of felt this noise/ slam before..on your rocket3
if it proved to be the case........I saved a huge bundle of cash:D if it is really from the exhaust although now if it is proved from the pipes something will have to be done ....like maybe getting a new pipe!!:roll:

Last edited:
Had Jardines on my Touring for 2 years, never heard anything like that.

this post is addressed to any jardine equipped rocket 3's owners
the experienced mechanic who took my bike for a ride to determine the cause of the slamming noise I heard when riding specifically in 4th and 5th when loading the engine from 2100 RPM .... according to him it is NOT from the gearbox but most likely from the exhaust !!!! therefore any captain riding with jardine pipes heard this before?? I am puzzled as the noise is not something I would expect from pipes , being very metallic in feel and felt strongly through the footpegs .chime in if you heard of felt this noise/ slam before..on your rocket3
if it proved to be the case........I saved a huge bundle of cash:D if it is really from the exhaust although now if it is proved from the pipes something will have to be done ....like maybe getting a new pipe!!:roll:
Jardines here also but have run a ton of aftermarket pipes on numerous bikes. A slamming noise is not something you here form pipes generally...decal popping, even a loud thump like a backpressure release or unburned gas mixing with enough O2 to ignite but a slamming noise...hmmmm. The fact your hearing a slam during up throttle is odd also...hard to figure from a forum note...if it was me...and I was thinking my pipes ....I would remove the silencers..if you can..not sure if they break...give them a shake to see if anything is loose inside....run the bike a short time with just the header pipes to see if it continues...if it does it aint the pipes which I am leaning towards anyway

Jardines on my 2010 roadster...all they do is sound really "Puuurrrrttttyyy" all the time. Although once, when accelerating really hard while lane splitting and approaching 90mph, I heard a strange "whooo whooo whooo whooo" sound. Turns out the sound was accompanied by some flashing lights hidden in the grill of a white SUV. :(

Jardines on my 2010 roadster...all they do is sound really "Puuurrrrttttyyy" all the time. Although once, when accelerating really hard while lane splitting and approaching 90mph, I heard a strange "whooo whooo whooo whooo" sound. Turns out the sound was accompanied by some flashing lights hidden in the grill of a white SUV. :(
I put a Bassani system on my previous bike , an 07 V-rod. About 2 thousnd miles later a strange rattling noise came upon the motor. I thought it was internal in the motor. I called the local harley dealer that had a sharp mechanic on v-rods. The first thing he asked is if I had put aftermarket pipes on it. When I said yes he said "I bet they are bassani". Not the first time he had seen the issue. Bassani replaced the pipes free of charge and I never had any trouble again. Just throwin that out there.

I put a Bassani system on my previous bike , an 07 V-rod. About 2 thousnd miles later a strange rattling noise came upon the motor. I thought it was internal in the motor. I called the local harley dealer that had a sharp mechanic on v-rods. The first thing he asked is if I had put aftermarket pipes on it. When I said yes he said "I bet they are bassani". Not the first time he had seen the issue. Bassani replaced the pipes free of charge and I never had any trouble again. Just throwin that out there.
well the tech who took the bike for a ride did not find that slamming noise felt through the footpegs so I rode it home and sure enough I did not feel it either until about 10 miles from home when it started again but not so pronounced as before I am going to remove the bottom pan and inspect for metal , the oil filter was clean when I checked it ( reusable style) so if the bootom is clean then I at a loss for explanation

Back