Sounds a bit like the harsh feeling I get through the foot pegs on my 2010 Roadster. Mine is coming from the clutch, next time you notice it try pulling the clutch a bit. Just take up the free play and the harsh vibration will go away. Mine has done it from new, been back to Triumph they rode it for a week then told me they all do it but only some riders notice it. Didn't believe them but it is still going and still doing it. A few others have mentioned they have the same thing over the years.

somebody might make a better clutch for the roadster again some investigation to see where it lead>

i would be inclined to try to find a buddy or garage that can lift the bike in a safe manner and try to experience the problem standing along side of it. a dyno ?
there is a lot of the rockets with the clutch vibrations mine included but they do not have the bang u talked about.
that would make me afraid to ride it.:(
how many miles on your bike?

I really don't like "they all do it" claims...when it isn't followed by a technical service bulletin that says how to fix it. Tighter clutch springs, better fibers, who knows? But by now someone should have invented a better clutch, and we should be knowing all about it. Just like we have a plethora of tunes and experts to help us install them.....electrical mods that save our switches and cool our charging systems down! If there's a problem, then someone has a solution! Come on folks...put on your thinking caps!

I really don't like "they all do it" claims...when it isn't followed by a technical service bulletin that says how to fix it. Tighter clutch springs, better fibers, who knows? But by now someone should have invented a better clutch, and we should be knowing all about it. Just like we have a plethora of tunes and experts to help us install them.....electrical mods that save our switches and cool our charging systems down! If there's a problem, then someone has a solution! Come on folks...put on your thinking caps!
I didn't like that answer either. There was more to it than the final they all do it don't worry about it. It went on for about 6 months. Started with your dreaming we can't feel anything when we ride it to when I went to pick it up after insurance repairs after a little incident. They wouldn't let me take it because the mechanic had noticed the harshness or whatever you want to call it. They had it another week riding it and scratching their heads. Then they come up with they all do it. I wasn't happy so I made sure it was all on record in case of future failure and took my bike home. Have since found that most of them do it if you take notice. Have been told it's the clutch basket. @Mittzy upgraded his clutch plates and springs And I do believe his still does it.

I remeber when MTC first installed their billet clutch basket Kevin the clutch engineer found the crush rivets were loose and spun when they went to step drill them out. This was a new unused basket theywere mounting up to.

Sounds a bit like the harsh feeling I get through the foot pegs on my 2010 Roadster. Mine is coming from the clutch, next time you notice it try pulling the clutch a bit. Just take up the free play and the harsh vibration will go away. Mine has done it from new, been back to Triumph they rode it for a week then told me they all do it but only some riders notice it. Didn't believe them but it is still going and still doing it. A few others have mentioned they have the same thing over the years.
I felt the noise/ slam I pulled the free play and a wee bit more , the engine revved up a bit then back down to initial RPM situation seems to go away I need to do a long ride with a bunch of uphill roads to test the theory but so far seems the most likely source of problems and frustration...

I remeber when MTC first installed their billet clutch basket Kevin the clutch engineer found the crush rivets were loose and spun when they went to step drill them out. This was a new unused basket theywere mounting up to.
if my rivets are loose then how many more recent (2013) roadster are coming to this problem!!
check your clutch basket people!!

Back