i would be inclined to try to find a buddy or garage that can lift the bike in a safe manner and try to experience the problem standing along side of it. a dyno ?
there is a lot of the rockets with the clutch vibrations mine included but they do not have the bang u talked about.
that would make me afraid to ride it.:(
how many miles on your bike?

20 000 miles remember I do not feel vibrations just bang/slam not heard but felt through the foot pegs in 4th and 5th from 2200rpm under load when the bike has been ridden say 45mn and up it is very noticeable cannot be missed and it is quite irregular . I checked the sump (21 bolts removed ,I had to use a mirror to find the last two ) all is clean down there not the slightest flake of metal also checked the oil filter I use a reusable filter also clean nothing on the magnet ...has to be the clutch as I wrote earlier I will change it for a barnett basket with MTC friction plates.
today I rode a nice curvy two lane road up to the ski hill of apex mountain kept a sedate pace in 4th and 5th not a sound nor slap to be felt just some jardine muffled rumble :)

Last edited:
I've got a 2013, and at 5000 miles, it for now pulls like a freight train, even on a grade. No weird noise to note...but if I hear some, I'll at least know where to look.

I've got a 2013, and at 5000 miles, it for now pulls like a freight train, even on a grade. No weird noise to note...but if I hear some, I'll at least know where to look.
there is noise and noise then there is vibration and vibrations I have had my share of both !! still baffled when I try to identify the WTF is happening

Back