is it safe to ride back home?

I was all leathered up and we were heading out from the shop when my Bro, Dan, almost snuck this pix without me noticing.
Just didn't have time to dismount and crush him, but I did manage to cover my face . . .

Bergman.jpg

At least it says clearly that it is a Service Loaner. Heaven forbid people would think you actually bought one.

Hopefully last update: my baby is back :)
No leaks so far
And they washed it and filled up the tank :)

Attachments

• IMG_20180917_192535.jpg
    IMG_20180917_192535.jpg
    265.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20180917_192549.jpg
    IMG_20180917_192549.jpg
    446.4 KB · Views: 0
Hi ArekDeBoss,
Great to hear that you got back your ride. Hope everything has been resolved.

Just for clarification did she develop 2 problems, one seal related and one casting porosity? I am still unclear on what was the actual fault and what they actually replaced?
Did the dealer take photos or did you get a change to see the problems, it would have been good information to share with the Forum for future reference.

I noticed a leak from the seal. Apparently when checked after replacing the seal they noticed bubbling / blow hole in the head. So they had to replace it too. It just took them over 6 weeks :-(
Hi ArekDeBoss,
Great to hear that you got back your ride. Hope everything has been resolved.

Just for clarification did she develop 2 problems, one seal related and one casting porosity? I am still unclear on what was the actual fault and what they actually replaced?
Did the dealer take photos or did you get a change to see the problems, it would have been good information to share with the Forum for future reference.

I will. Weather is still not too bad so will commute for few days and watch it closely. Planning to rev it up a bit to see if it holds.
Thanks for pointing it out . Appreciate it

Back