is it safe to ride back home?

New update:
Just spoke to the dealer- they are waiting for the triumph to decide if will be covered by them or not. Dealer said if not then they will cover it.
Apparently when hot engine is releasing bubbles through the main body. Probably coolant. They called it "blow hole" and just decided it's not safe to release the bike back. Not sure if related to the valve or coincidental finding.
Looks like will not get it back any time soon :-(
Will have to wait and see.

Is it an oil leak or a coolant leak? Big difference. I took a close look at the pics and the leaking fluid on the exhaust manifold shield could be coolant. Can't really tell from the pic. Need to do a taste test.... yes you heard right. Coolant is usually sweet to the taste.

When you say releasing bubbles through main body, are you saying there is a hole in the block or head? Coolant won't leak from the valve cover.

That said valve is the one problem and coolant bubbling through the head when engine is hot is another
Is it an oil leak or a coolant leak? Big difference. I took a close look at the pics and the leaking fluid on the exhaust manifold shield could be coolant. Can't really tell from the pic. Need to do a taste test.... yes you heard right. Coolant is usually sweet to the taste.

When you say releasing bubbles through main body, are you saying there is a hole in the block or head? Coolant won't leak from the valve cover.

Quick update
Just received a phone call from my dealer in regards to head gasket cover. It supposed to be replaced yesterday but..... Triumph sent cracked one! I'm speechless. It's been over a month now and still no idea when will I get my bike back :-(

Quick update
Just received a phone call from my dealer in regards to head gasket cover. It supposed to be replaced yesterday but..... Triumph sent cracked one! I'm speechless. It's been over a month now and still no idea when will I get my bike back :-(

Well that just sucks! Too bad they can't give you a loaner till they get yours figured out. :confused:

Loaner? The last time I got one when left my pick up truck to be repaired. They gave me ford fiesta!!! I could not get in nor out of it.
I would not be surprised if for rocket they gave me vespa lol

Reminds me of when I took my V2K in for a dyno.
The dealer gave me a Bergman scooter for loaner.

Maybe they thought you were more suited to a scooter? :roll::roll: Twist and go...

I was all leathered up and we were heading out from the shop when my Bro, Dan, almost snuck this pix without me noticing.
Just didn't have time to dismount and crush him, but I did manage to cover my face . . .

Bergman.jpg

Back