Installing the 50cent Flipmeister Throttle friction Lock

Thank you for the post, I know that it is old... But I just did this to my 08' R3T. The only thing that I did was substituted the washers with 1 1/4 x 3/8 (hole) x 1/16.
The 3/8 hole stretched right over without any cutting, and I used 3 to come up with the recommended 3/16. Working like a charm! Again, Thank you for the post and pictures!:bch:

I never got mine installed. My parts were not looking the same as the pictures posted. I have an 07 Classic. I got cornfused. Maybe I'll try the 3 -- 1/16 washers. Another thing my screw cap is not fluch with the end of the handle. I did find what I think are the spacers for it in a parts bag that came with my RIII. :confused:

It is really easy... Just undo the hex screw at the end, and pull it completely off.
If you can find the washers that I did, then use them... it will solve the problem of cutting larger holes. Then just stretch them over the little nub that is protruding. 3 of them will fit without too much work. You might be able to get 4, but I did 3. and then just put it back on the same way that you took it off. It will take a total of 10 minutes max.

SuperD, that was the problem---- I don't have a nub on mine or are you talking about the mandrel?:mad: Either was I was looking at the blow up drawing and it has 2 bushings; the dealer only put one in but I have the second pair. Like I said I'm cornfused. I know it's not rocket science--HA HA.:D
I will have to post pictures of what I have I guess.

Talk about non-technical.... I don't even know what it is called:eek:. But it is the little nub that the hex bolt is sticking through. It might be that yours is pushed in a little. Try and pull it apart. I think that it is only 3 or 4 pieces. I hope it helps:confused:
D.

Success! I just did this mod and it is the first mod I've ever done on anything! Hmmmm. While it's true all I did was add 1/4 x 1 1/4 rubber washer to a handlebar, I feel I deserve a cookie! I feel I deserve a cookie a lot... probably why I'm 280 lbs.:D

Well H E double hockey sticks, im gonna have to do this now. Just on the short rides ive been able to get in ive noticed that throttle is heavy.

mutt

Back