Innovv K5 camera system

Brien Crotty

.020 Over
Ride
2022 Triump Rocket 3 GT; 2017 Harley CVO Limited
Happy Thursday!

Has anyone installed on of these camera systems on the R3 or R3 GT? I'm debating whether to get one and want to know whether anyone found a good place to mount it, run the wires, etc.

Thanks,

B

Curious if you got one of these and, if so, how it's working for you, installation points, etc.
I haven't picked one up yet, and not sure if I will. I haven't found a great spot to mount it that would be unobtrusive enough for my taste. I am going to revisit this one in the spring and think about it some more, depending on if I can find any good places to mount it.

B

I have an Innovv K3 (which has 2 small cameras instead of that big honking K5 front camera).
Front camera is mounted under the headlights. Cable routed up under the tank. DVR is under the seat.
The rear camera has been 3 different places.
I had a Triumph luggage rack, until the rails snapped, and the camera was mounted under that.
While my new flag mount was being fabricated, I mounted the camera on the fender just behind the seat with double stick tape. (Photo was taken when adjustments were being made to the flag mount. It looks like the camera is mounted to the sissy bar, but it is attached to the fender.
The black square to the right is the GPS antenna for the K3.
The new flag mount is done, and now the camera is mounted beneath that.

Attachments

• IMG_20221014_112125543_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20221014_112125543_HDR.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 26
I have an Innovv K3 (which has 2 small cameras instead of that big honking K5 front camera).
Front camera is mounted under the headlights. Cable routed up under the tank. DVR is under the seat.
The rear camera has been 3 different places.
I had a Triumph luggage rack, until the rails snapped, and the camera was mounted under that.
While my new flag mount was being fabricated, I mounted the camera on the fender just behind the seat with double stick tape. (Photo was taken when adjustments were being made to the flag mount. It looks like the camera is mounted to the sissy bar, but it is attached to the fender.
The black square to the right is the GPS antenna for the K3.
The new flag mount is done, and now the camera is mounted beneath that.
Great info- thanks!

Just installed the

VSYSTO D6WL Motorcycle Dash Camera No Screen Safe Driving 130°Wide Angle IP67 Waterproof Dual Motor Drive Recorder 1080P Support Max 256GB G-Sensor WDR Loop Recording WiFi

I got an open box (new) for $110, including tax. No viewing screen (don't need) with this model and I left off the handle bar switches (don't need) so it's just two cameras and parts small enough to fit under the seat in front of the "glove box." There is enough of a void there between the bike and the seat.

I also got a 256GB card. It records automatically whenever the bike is running*** and starts erasing old files after about 20 hours and starts re-writing. If I want footage I just remove the card and load it onto my computer.

I think it'll be great for those times when I don't have a GoPro running (most of the time) and something cool happens like when an eagle swooped down from a tree, startled, and flew straight ahead of me for quite some distance, or when a deer ran alongside me, or the sad time I hit a hawk (still bummed about that). Then there are all of those stupid pickup truck driver incidents that I can splice together to make a full-length "you're an idiot" YouTube video of someday.

Oh, and about six weeks ago when a deputy pulled me over at night right in front of my house. I saw a car moving up on me fast when I was on my way home and just wasn't having it. When he hit me with the blue lights as I was about to pull in behind my house I thought I might actually be headed for jail. The first thing he said to me was "NICE BIKE" before checking my license (to see if I stole it), repeating "NICE BIKE" and letting me go.... Wish I had footage with audio (yes, does that) of that! incident!

***To get it to only turn on/off when running you just need to tap into a switched wire like this one. This is located under the seat, left side, a green wire with white markings, in with a bundle of wires wrapped in cloth tape. I'm using a Positap (great invention, in case you don't know about them) to tap cleanly into the wire...

IMG_2225.HEIC.jpeg

Back