Red light camera dos n donts

Torquex2

Supercharged
Ride
Tr3r. VN2000
Wouldn’t ya know it 🙄. Been riding for 23 years, and get my first ever speeding ticket the first season on my R3r. Don’t get me wrong, I speed all the time. It’s actually a miracle I’ve only had one ticket after all this time. However, what I’ve never known is exactly how a red light camera works. We have them all over the place here. I always thought( hence the name) that if I didn’t make it through a yellow light before it turns red, that the camera would catch my license plate, and ticket me. So whenever I was going a bit to fast coming up on an intersection to brake hard on a yellow light, I would punch it hard, and try to beat the red. That ALWAYS worked for me. Seemingly lol. I’ve really been enjoying the massive low gear torque, and throttle response on this R3r. So blowing through red light cameras on the yellow was easier than ever. Wait for it.......... lol. What I didn’t know was that red light cameras here are also equipped with radar detectors. And the reason I was never ticketed before, is because I’ve never actually blown through yellows like this beast can do. I got the ticket for entering an intersection at a legal 50km/h, and getting caught by the camera radar only 2/3d’s through, going 91.....So yes Virginia. There is a Santa Claus. And red light cameras do have radar detectors 😬

Wouldn’t ya know it 🙄. Been riding for 23 years, and get my first ever speeding ticket the first season on my R3r. Don’t get me wrong, I speed all the time. It’s actually a miracle I’ve only had one ticket after all this time. However, what I’ve never known is exactly how a red light camera works. We have them all over the place here. I always thought( hence the name) that if I didn’t make it through a yellow light before it turns red, that the camera would catch my license plate, and ticket me. So whenever I was going a bit to fast coming up on an intersection to brake hard on a yellow light, I would punch it hard, and try to beat the red. That ALWAYS worked for me. Seemingly lol. I’ve really been enjoying the massive low gear torque, and throttle response on this R3r. So blowing through red light cameras on the yellow was easier than ever. Wait for it.......... lol. What I didn’t know was that red light cameras here are also equipped with radar detectors. And the reason I was never ticketed before, is because I’ve never actually blown through yellows like this beast can do. I got the ticket for entering an intersection at a legal 50km/h, and getting caught by the camera radar only 2/3d’s through, going 91.....So yes Virginia. There is a Santa Claus. And red light cameras do have radar detectors 😬
Left out an important detail. The cameras will only ticket you if you enter the intersection on a red light. Not a yellow. Unless you’re speeding on the yellow. My speeding ticket was $200. Double that if I had run the red. These cameras are local civic towns, cities, or county’s equivalent of store “ self checkout “ tills. Far more productivity without hiring a cop to sit there. Total BS.

Left out an important detail. The cameras will only ticket you if you enter the intersection on a red light. Not a yellow. Unless you’re speeding on the yellow. My speeding ticket was $200. Double that if I had run the red. These cameras are local civic towns, cities, or county’s equivalent of store “ self checkout “ tills. Far more productivity without hiring a cop to sit there. Total BS.
Long story short....I’ve been running these yellow lights for nothing all this time.

They installed those here in Texas. Did not last long. Lots of faulty tickets due to incorrect calibration and the people revolted, I guess. Anyway, thei'r gone.
They’ve...”we the people” have spent decades fighting the legal, constitutional ramifications of intersection cameras. The courts have struck down the legitimacy of them several times. There’s unfortunately no limit to which government is willing to spend OUR money to re-impose civic tyranny upon its citizens.

Back