Awesome Exhaust System

Si3RBlack

BLACK BEAUTY
Ride
Triumph Rocket 3R Black
Recently added this full system to the Rocket 3R. Good price. Excellent build quality. Relatively easy to fit once the heavy original system was taken out. Easy swap out of the baffles gives a gorgeous deep tone as opposed to just blatant loud like some after market systems. I had professionally cerakoted to match the bikes scheme. Turns heads here in the UK. What's more it is motoring law abiding in the case of emissions because of the race collector box. I have added a sprint air filter. Just needs a good remap then it's plenty plenty quick enough for me. Upgraded Brembo Brake Pads from OEM make a huge difference to brake performance on our roads. Dropping 2 psi at the front tyre has helped. I have left the rear as is. 100% getting the suspension dialled in to your style of riding and weight has significant results as to how the beast pitches and handles in and out of corners. It is well worth having this looked at. Different Bike. Mines a keeper.

Attachments

• 20240108_133506.jpg
    20240108_133506.jpg
    375.7 KB · Views: 168
  • 20240108_133522.jpg
    20240108_133522.jpg
    350.9 KB · Views: 168
I'm really enjoying riding mine. It handles so much better than you would ever expect it to.
It steers and flicks well in the twisties, so that's really great.....
...However......
The only thing that I haven't yet been able to resolve is the harsh ride of the rear suspension.
My thoughts on it is that the rear wheel and tyre are very heavy and the suspension travel is quite short, so there's not much movement available to soak up the change in direction of mass. The result appears to be a frustratingly crashy rear end over sharp bumps, so i'm constantly trying to find the best bits of tarmac lying ahead of me, which is not how I want to ride.

Last edited:
Recently added this full system to the Rocket 3R. Good price. Excellent build quality. Relatively easy to fit once the heavy original system was taken out. Easy swap out of the baffles gives a gorgeous deep tone as opposed to just blatant loud like some after market systems. I had professionally cerakoted to match the bikes scheme. Turns heads here in the UK. What's more it is motoring law abiding in the case of emissions because of the race collector box. I have added a sprint air filter. Just needs a good remap then it's plenty plenty quick enough for me. Upgraded Brembo Brake Pads from OEM make a huge difference to brake performance on our roads. Dropping 2 psi at the front tyre has helped. I have left the rear as is. 100% getting the suspension dialled in to your style of riding and weight has significant results as to how the beast pitches and handles in and out of corners. It is well worth having this looked at. Different Bike. Mines a keeper.
What brand is the exhaust?

Hi, do you know how much weight you saved from stock? Thanks!

I'm really enjoying riding mine. It handles so much better than you would ever expect it to.
It steers and flicks well in the twisties, so that's really great.....
...However......
The only thing that I haven't yet been able to resolve is the harsh ride of the rear suspension.
My thoughts on it is that the rear wheel and tyre are very heavy and the suspension travel is quite short, so there's not much movement available to soak up the change in direction of mass. The result appears to be a frustratingly crashy rear end over sharp bumps, so i'm constantly trying to find the best bits of tarmac lying ahead of me, which is not how I want to ride.
If memory serves the R uses a single rear shock that is adjustable. You should dial back any damping and increase the preload for a smoother ride. I ride my Bobber Black a lot and it suffers the same short shock travel problems of the Rocket (3" aint much). I resolved it with a far better shock (Ohlins) and now I don't take shots up the spine like when I first bought it. My preload allows about 10mm of static sag and I backed off damping to allow faster recovery. This is my Ohlins on my Bobber:
1711811650279.jpeg

I have found this works well on most of my bikes. My Thruxton R's rear Ohlins only have 3 preload settings so I have it in the middle setting and backed off the damping 4 clicks. Same on my Speed Triple RS I upped the preload and backed off the damping:
1711811793699.jpeg

Nice exhaust. Did you upgrade the headers as well? They look to be slightly larger than stock, but that may just be camera angle.

Hi, do you know how much weight you saved from stock? Thanks!
Quiet a significant amount compared to the original. I haven't bothered to weigh for comparisons but from swapping them out the original was very very heavy. The Ixilwas relative easy to hold into place and fit.

Back