mjdula

.020 Over
Ride
2022 Rocket 3 GT 221 Special
Hey guys,

Looking to remove the OEM exhaust from a 2022 rocket 3 GT. I haven't found any past posts or threads about this so I'm wondering if anyone knows best place to find this info?

No one has written an instruction manual on it. It's pretty straight forward. There are some fasteners around it, there are some rubber mounting grommets underneath, it takes some prying and pulling and then it comes off. No secret sauce. I did it on my back in the underground garage of my condo. Have a look here for the parts for the 2020 R3s. You should see where the mounting points are and what needs to be loosened to enable the removal of the exhaust.

No one has written an instruction manual on it. It's pretty straight forward. There are some fasteners around it, there are some rubber mounting grommets underneath, it takes some prying and pulling and then it comes off. No secret sauce. I did it on my back in the underground garage of my condo. Have a look here for the parts for the 2020 R3s. You should see where the mounting points are and what needs to be loosened to enable the removal of the exhaust.
Well....some say that's true up to a certain point.......other's say it's all Rocket science.........🚀 ........;)
(couldn't help myself. ...It's Friday! :thumbsup:)

Looks like original poster is in the land of Meerkat? I don't know much about that, except that I've read post saying Meerkat make Rocket Exhaust miracles come true (turns oem abomination into performance/sound blessing). Something to consider, if you haven't.

Real happy with Competition Werkes! Good sound and good look - 8,000lbs lighter! Special acknowledgement to Shawn Ryan at Competition Werkes - Baffle nut plate got loosey and he fixey quick! Plus, he made me a custom turn out for drag passes real reasonably! Solid operation.

Exhaust.jpg

OMG don’t they sound awesome. I have the all black ones on mine. They shake the house foundations every time I start’r up, and the flames coming out always get some attention 🔥

You rebel, working on a vehicle in the Condo Underground, and not getting caught. I couldn't live in a condo, they would drive me nuts, or i would drive them nuts, with their what seems to be 50+ pages of rules of what you can't do, and i would probably be breaking most of them at some point, if for no other reason than to just pi$$ someone off because i was bored.

Back