I'm sure the Rocket X is nice but really?

It has an X on it do you know how much the letter X costs:D when a line is coming to the end of its life bike/car makers are pretty good at putting out special editions to try and squeeze a few more dollars out of them, usually a different paint job or something along that line to make it a wee bit different.
The rocket has been in production since 2004 without(ABS excluded) any major changes it has had a good life.:(

That shiny stripe is actually a hand ground metal polished to the max. IMG_0156.JPG Same on fenders and Truimph logo on side of tank. Blacked out rims which includes a hand painted stripe. Blacked out handle bars along with a few more items blacked out. All cosmetic no increase in power. IMG_0570.JPG Very slick looking. A few things added since purchase but you get the idea. Bought brand new in Oct 2015 now has 47,000 miles and have had no problems at all with the bike. LOVE IT>

That shiny stripe is actually a hand ground metal polished to the max. IMG_0156.JPG Same on fenders and Truimph logo on side of tank. Blacked out rims which includes a hand painted stripe. Blacked out handle bars along with a few more items blacked out. All cosmetic no increase in power. IMG_0570.JPG Very slick looking. A few things added since purchase but you get the idea. Bought brand new in Oct 2015 now has 47,000 miles and have had no problems at all with the bike. LOVE IT>

Nice to see one being ridden Sonny, problem with all the collectors/investers is they really only want low mileage stuff and will pay a premium for it, personally I'd much rather have something I can ride and enjoy than worrying what it may or may not be worth in the future.Probably not so in the case of the Rocket but a lot of stuff that is deemed collectible today is mainly because nobody bought them when they were new!

It has an X on it do you know how much the letter X costs:D when a line is coming to the end of its life bike/car makers are pretty good at putting out special editions to try and squeeze a few more dollars out of them, usually a different paint job or something along that line to make it a wee bit different.
The rocket has been in production since 2004 without(ABS excluded) any major changes it has had a good life.:(

Well, I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed, matter of fact pretty gullible too.....so I will go along and try to believe that you are giving it to me straight......but I'll still be thinkin', considering the cost, there just has to be a bunch of parts made with platinum or titanium or unobtainium under that very bland exterior. ;)

Did not buy the bike so it can sit around and collect dust.:roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll: 2010 Harley FatBoy bought new has 98,000 miles. Have not rode it much since Oct 2015 go figure. IMG_0063.JPG

Well, I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed, matter of fact pretty gullible too.....so I will go along and try to believe that you are giving it to me straight......but I'll still be thinkin', considering the cost, there just has to be a bunch of parts made with platinum or titanium or unobtainium under that very bland exterior. ;)
Well go on out and throw your leg over your 2006 then. I prefer throwing my leg over the 2015 X. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Well go on out and throw your leg over your 2006 then. I prefer throwing my leg over the 2015 X. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Well, heck yeah, I would prefer your Rocket X too......I thought we were talking about that lawn tractor in the background behind your Rocket.......I was thinking, ".....good f'ing grief..... 19K for that lawn mower is outrageous!" Now, your Rocket X is another matter altogether.......with that I could fulfill all my Batman comic book fantasies. :D:D:D

HD been doing it for 102 years

I don't think that is a letter X. It's probably a Roman numeral 10, being the 10th anniversary of the Rocket. :whitstling:

Back