ignition barrel relocation

Hey Gang,
I was the first one to do this way baaaack on my '05 check the other R3 Board. You do NOT need a kit from Rivco. Once you get the switch out, which I did with a Dremel and a cutting wheel the first time, On my '11 Roadster I just drilled into the snapped off heads until the switch just pulls off the studs. I had no problem getting a drill in the area, But I pull Headlight brackets and everything,,,,

Once you get the switch and harness disconnected, get about 12" of various colored wire, heat shrink and "get to work".
Cut the harness in two, right about in the middle, This will allow you to slide the heat shrink over the main harness wire. You then solder a section of wire in place to extend the harness. make sure you have heat shrink covering each joint and then slide the large heat shrink over the entire harness. Voila.,
Now if you have no soldering experience, check YouTube there are videos that can teach you proper soldering techniques. It really is not that tough. And FWIW: once you learn to solder, you'll never use one of those cheesy crimp on wire connectors.

Hey Gang,
I was the first one to do this way baaaack on my '05 check the other R3 Board. You do NOT need a kit from Rivco. Once you get the switch out, which I did with a Dremel and a cutting wheel the first time, On my '11 Roadster I just drilled into the snapped off heads until the switch just pulls off the studs. I had no problem getting a drill in the area, But I pull Headlight brackets and everything,,,,

Once you get the switch and harness disconnected, get about 12" of various colored wire, heat shrink and "get to work".
Cut the harness in two, right about in the middle, This will allow you to slide the heat shrink over the main harness wire. You then solder a section of wire in place to extend the harness. make sure you have heat shrink covering each joint and then slide the large heat shrink over the entire harness. Voila.,
Now if you have no soldering experience, check YouTube there are videos that can teach you proper soldering techniques. It really is not that tough. And FWIW: once you learn to solder, you'll never use one of those cheesy crimp on wire connectors.

definitively a better and simpler way to go

Yeah thanks Yogi just checked your "how to" very well done have to put that on my todo list,:rolleyes::D
here is a link for those not familar with other Site
shame the picture's don't seem to work no more

Back