Ignition switch positions when located on side cover?

Bramwell

British, American, Euro or Jappa.
Ride
06 R3 Classic
Hi guys. Got a strange one here for ya. My ignition switch is on my side cover. Obviously an aftermarket scenario. My question is about the correct position for the bike to run. From the OFF position it seems that I can run the bike with the key switched either clockwise AND counter-clockwise? Is one any better than the other? Is one for diagnostic and one for running the bike? Am I doing any damage running on one particular position? Any help would be appreciated.
Pics for attention.
OFF POSITION.jpg
RUN POSITION 1.jpg
RUN POSITION 2.jpg

from clock wise stop to total cc
run***off**lock forks**parking light

i would guess that u have an aftermarket that should be clock wise to run and maybe cc to get accessory.
i suppose acc would be parking lights radio/stereo with 20 inch speakers:laugh::laugh:

Hi guys. Got a strange one here for ya. My ignition switch is on my side cover. Obviously an aftermarket scenario. My question is about the correct position for the bike to run. From the OFF position it seems that I can run the bike with the key switched either clockwise AND counter-clockwise? Is one any better than the other? Is one for diagnostic and one for running the bike? Am I doing any damage running on one particular position? Any help would be appreciated.
Pics for attention.
OFF POSITION.jpg
RUN POSITION 1.jpg
RUN POSITION 2.jpg
Doesnt look like a good spot for the switch and all stuff on the key is scratching up the surronding area not a great arrangement

That is definitely not OEM config - it doesn't look like an OEM switch but regardless may have been wired up with everything tied together into a single common circuit (there are normally three separate poles switched in the 'Run' position only one in the park position.
If the three circuits have indeed been connected into one, then you're asking for trouble - the OEM switch was already prone to failure from the std convention, with the high current from the lamps causing the switch to fail.

Back