ignition barrel relocation

When I had mine in for the 600 mile check up the dealer broke the heads off and put the epoxy in to hold it in place.

that makes absolutely no sense . why would a dealer spend his mechanic time for something like this . he would not know about these bolts unless he goes fishing behind the headlights removing all sorts of part just to look at two bolts and since these bolts are like any bolts held by the thread there would have been no need for epoxy

I do not think the factory assembly line would "forget to torque the bolts" as they are supposed to have the head sheared off when coming off the assembly line

I would be questoning this dealer about why this happened as it is not a maintenance item looked at 600 miles.

I smell a fish there

and if epoxy is glueing these bolts to the bracket welding torch heat is in my view the only recourse to get them off that or grinding away the bracket holding the barrel

First and last time my bike was at this dealer in Oklahoma City. If you are ever in Oklahoma City do not take ever your bike there. I was there when the kid came out and told the service manager he broke the head off.

you are saying

the apprentice would have sheared one bolt realizing that he f....cked up would quickly do the same to the other bolt !! to make them look alike maybe! !! even I.. wouldn't do a stupid thing like this. something does not add up here
beside what was he supposedly doing by 1 removing ignition barrel cover, 2 removing headlights, 3 removing horn cover ,because all these have to come off before getting at the bolts holding the ignition barrel.
on top of it all there is nothing to check there at 600 miles check .

advice well taken when in okie land not going to this place

Come to Cajun land and we will put anything anywhere you want it then drink to it and argue about what we should have done to begin with. When someone says that they had a cousin that did this and that, its a lie. The teller of the story did it. Good stories too !!!!:D

Cajuns built boats for WW2 out of plywood. :cool:

Come to Cajun land and we will put anything anywhere you want it then drink to it and argue about what we should have done to begin with. When someone says that they had a cousin that did this and that, its a lie. The teller of the story did it. Good stories too !!!!:D

Cajuns built boats for WW2 out of plywood. :cool:

Welcome back bud. long time no see :p

My uncle built one of those plywood boats and is still catching gaters with it :eek: yea

Rivco no longer sell tis item. Does anyone know where I can get one guys?
Thanks
Andy

no answer there bud sorry, but this forum is known for captains helping others .

I believe all the parts or the important one can be assembled with some research
the kit sold involve basically a stretch of wires extending from the 9 pins plug just under the gaz tank 20 inches long , a piece of metal to bolt the ignition to the plastic cover some screws and a small cover to fill the hole up front
if you can find the connecting plugs and figure the location of each wire the rest is child 's play

It is a lot easier to do this job if you remove the upper triple tree along with the ig switch. Then just flip it over and have at the pernicious bolts. Or is that what everyone is doing and I am just missing it? Once I took the tree off I found the job fairly easy. I just took a die grinder with a cutoff wheel and cut a nice little groove in the bolts and removed them with a flathead screwdriver. Near impossible to do unless you take the triple tree off.

I could never understand the point of those one way bolts. All a thief would have to do is cut the ig switch wires as they exit the tank and then easily hot wire the bugger.

It is a lot easier to do this job if you remove the upper triple tree along with the ig switch. Then just flip it over and have at the pernicious bolts. Or is that what everyone is doing and I am just missing it? Once I took the tree off I found the job fairly easy. I just took a die grinder with a cutoff wheel and cut a nice little groove in the bolts and removed them with a flathead screwdriver. Near impossible to do unless you take the triple tree off.

I could never understand the point of those one way bolts. All a thief would have to do is cut the ig switch wires as they exit the tank and then easily hot wire the bugger.

I used dental picks to remove those bolts it worked but I did not think of lifting the triple tree
remember you are dealing with british brain power in regard on how to steal a vehicule

Back