I need help, I really am starting to hate my new Rocket GT

Everyone needs at least two bikes. One to move the body and one to move the soul. If touring’s your thing, get a touring bike and have your Rocket just because it’s a Rocket.
Like a wife and a girlfriend. One moves your body and soul and the other your bank account and possibly 7K a month for life.

Hello Rocket lovers..... I do count myself in with you all and have recently purchased my new Rocket 3 GT. It is actually my 4th Rocket overall having owned the touring model, the base model, the R model, and now the GT model. The bike is beautiful, there is nothing more to say about that. But I am mad as hell at a couple of things that hopefully I can get some help on. I use my bike everyday for about an hour trip to work and and hour back. I absolutely love riding and do so in all weather albeit rain or sunshine, hot or cold. Riding is the only vise I have and I wouldn't give it up for the world. My gripes about the new Rocket. What the hell it Triumph calling the GT a touring model but not make a decent windshield for the bike. Let's be for real, there is no adequate windshield on the market for this thing. I have bought 3 different ones so far and all prove grossly inadequate. What a **** show the windshield thing is and it makes no **** sense. If anyone knows of one please help me, I desperately need one. Fork wind deflectors would be great to but I can't find those neither. The seat on this thing is probably the worst seat in motorcycling. Who the hell designed this **** thing. To do any real distance riding, your ass aint doing it on this thing with that tailbone killer cushion on it. I had to put in a corbin just to ride the thing. Lastly these foot pegs, HOLY **** what a mess. I removed the forward controls and put in mid controls, but your feet are still too forward and your ass takes all the bumps of the road. Throw the sport mode of driving out the window cause every bump you feel right into your kidneys. Why wouldn't Triumph just put the pegs a little further back so you can get your weight up off your ass when you see a bump coming. Again, who the hell designed this thing. How can you fall so short on such a beautiful machine. You can't even put on an engine gaurd or highway pegs to stretch your legs on those long rides. I have had my GT now for 4 months and I have tried to get myself to like it but I just can't get comfortable on it no matter how hard I try. My last rocket, and R model with the touring seat and back rest, engine gaurd with highway pegs and a great windshield was the most comfortable bike, and I really mean that, I have ever ridden. Even better than the Harley Heritage I have owned before. I could literally sleep in that seat it was so comfortable. Unfortunately a kid in a truck took that bike from me. If anyone has any ideas short of spending another few thousand dollars on some R&D foot pegs, highway pegs and a custom manufactured windshield I would be so appreciative. I am thinking of just selling it and taking the loss I am so upset with this bike. Thanks for the listen and sorry so negative. It just brakes my heart I can't get into this bike I dreamed of owning since the TFC model came out. Take care and Ride
Hello Rocket lovers..... I do count myself in with you all and have recently purchased my new Rocket 3 GT. It is actually my 4th Rocket overall having owned the touring model, the base model, the R model, and now the GT model. The bike is beautiful, there is nothing more to say about that. But I am mad as hell at a couple of things that hopefully I can get some help on. I use my bike everyday for about an hour trip to work and and hour back. I absolutely love riding and do so in all weather albeit rain or sunshine, hot or cold. Riding is the only vise I have and I wouldn't give it up for the world. My gripes about the new Rocket. What the hell it Triumph calling the GT a touring model but not make a decent windshield for the bike. Let's be for real, there is no adequate windshield on the market for this thing. I have bought 3 different ones so far and all prove grossly inadequate. What a **** show the windshield thing is and it makes no **** sense. If anyone knows of one please help me, I desperately need one. Fork wind deflectors would be great to but I can't find those neither. The seat on this thing is probably the worst seat in motorcycling. Who the hell designed this **** thing. To do any real distance riding, your ass aint doing it on this thing with that tailbone killer cushion on it. I had to put in a corbin just to ride the thing. Lastly these foot pegs, HOLY **** what a mess. I removed the forward controls and put in mid controls, but your feet are still too forward and your ass takes all the bumps of the road. Throw the sport mode of driving out the window cause every bump you feel right into your kidneys. Why wouldn't Triumph just put the pegs a little further back so you can get your weight up off your ass when you see a bump coming. Again, who the hell designed this thing. How can you fall so short on such a beautiful machine. You can't even put on an engine gaurd or highway pegs to stretch your legs on those long rides. I have had my GT now for 4 months and I have tried to get myself to like it but I just can't get comfortable on it no matter how hard I try. My last rocket, and R model with the touring seat and back rest, engine gaurd with highway pegs and a great windshield was the most comfortable bike, and I really mean that, I have ever ridden. Even better than the Harley Heritage I have owned before. I could literally sleep in that seat it was so comfortable. Unfortunately a kid in a truck took that bike from me. If anyone has any ideas short of spending another few thousand dollars on some R&D foot pegs, highway pegs and a custom manufactured windshield I would be so appreciative. I am thinking of just selling it and taking the loss I am so upset with this bike. Thanks for the listen and sorry so negative. It just brakes my heart I can't get into this bike I dreamed of owning since the TFC model came out. Take care and Ride long.......
with all due respect if you did your research on what was available for the bike and test rode it first before buying it you wouldn’t have this problem. there are plenty of fully dressed touring bikes on the market.
i really hope you find a solution so u can enjoy it
Pretty much what I was going to say. If a Rocket is so wrong then clearly it’s the wrong bike. There’s plenty of options out there with horrible ugly big screens, enormous panniers and mid mounted pegs and maybe that‘s what the OP should have bought. All I’m seeing is akin to complaining they’re no good off road either. They are what they are and that’s pretty much what the vast majority of owners want.
absolutely agree. its like buying a goldwing and complaining that it’s not a jetski 🤷‍♂️ . researching a bike and what is available for it and actually test riding it is far easier than buying it and forcing it to be something else lol. plenty of touring bikes on the market. And as for comfort well ive never been on the gt but i did 380ks on my R yesterday and it’s the most comfortable thing i have ever ridden lol. Screens and fork deflection 🤷‍♂️ may as well add two more wheels and some doors

Hello Rocket lovers..... I do count myself in with you all and have recently purchased my new Rocket 3 GT. It is actually my 4th Rocket overall having owned the touring model, the base model, the R model, and now the GT model. The bike is beautiful, there is nothing more to say about that. But I am mad as hell at a couple of things that hopefully I can get some help on. I use my bike everyday for about an hour trip to work and and hour back. I absolutely love riding and do so in all weather albeit rain or sunshine, hot or cold. Riding is the only vise I have and I wouldn't give it up for the world. My gripes about the new Rocket. What the hell it Triumph calling the GT a touring model but not make a decent windshield for the bike. Let's be for real, there is no adequate windshield on the market for this thing. I have bought 3 different ones so far and all prove grossly inadequate. What a **** show the windshield thing is and it makes no **** sense. If anyone knows of one please help me, I desperately need one. Fork wind deflectors would be great to but I can't find those neither. The seat on this thing is probably the worst seat in motorcycling. Who the hell designed this **** thing. To do any real distance riding, your ass aint doing it on this thing with that tailbone killer cushion on it. I had to put in a corbin just to ride the thing. Lastly these foot pegs, HOLY **** what a mess. I removed the forward controls and put in mid controls, but your feet are still too forward and your ass takes all the bumps of the road. Throw the sport mode of driving out the window cause every bump you feel right into your kidneys. Why wouldn't Triumph just put the pegs a little further back so you can get your weight up off your ass when you see a bump coming. Again, who the hell designed this thing. How can you fall so short on such a beautiful machine. You can't even put on an engine gaurd or highway pegs to stretch your legs on those long rides. I have had my GT now for 4 months and I have tried to get myself to like it but I just can't get comfortable on it no matter how hard I try. My last rocket, and R model with the touring seat and back rest, engine gaurd with highway pegs and a great windshield was the most comfortable bike, and I really mean that, I have ever ridden. Even better than the Harley Heritage I have owned before. I could literally sleep in that seat it was so comfortable. Unfortunately a kid in a truck took that bike from me. If anyone has any ideas short of spending another few thousand dollars on some R&D foot pegs, highway pegs and a custom manufactured windshield I would be so appreciative. I am thinking of just selling it and taking the loss I am so upset with this bike. Thanks for the listen and sorry so negative. It just brakes my heart I can't get into this bike I dreamed of owning since the TFC model came out. Take care and Ride long.......
I guess all asses are not the same. The stock seat for me is the most comfortable one I have sat on. Way more comfortable than my 15 Touring. In fact just last weekend we did 1100 miles in 24 hours. I for sure had aches and pains but my tookus did ok. Just under 40,000 miles on the GT now and the seat is still comfy for me. Also I like the large Powerbronze windshield.

I'll trade you my 07 Classic and a few thou for the GT. It's seasoned but runs well.

20210213_192610.jpg

There seem to be many perspectives and opinions on what the new R3 offers - or should offer - in terms of comfort. I think Triumph said they aimed for a roadster more than anything else, so touring comfort was probably never a priority.

Even so, it puzzles me why Triumph haven't made a real effort when it comes to accessories. While the new R3 attracts riders for its motor, looks & handling, many of them still require better weather protection. So Triumph would make a profit by offering e.g. some bigger windshields, fork deflectors and a rear mudguard. And they would get happier customers. Shouldn't be that hard to accomplish.

Back