I dont like chrome

I agree.
It looks like I'm quite fussy. Don't like chrome don't like carbon. I could do with the bike being whole matt black ;-)
No offense to anyone, but I don't get the carbon fiber thing at all. I believe the original idea was to substitute it for weight savings, covering is spending money to add weight. I mean, aside from the fact that it's " carbon fiber", it's not really an attractive finish, rough and unfinished looking, a trade-off for lightness.

I got rid of all my chrome.

Powder coated the following:
Crash Bars
Pedals
Top Triple Tree
Headlight Buckets
Handlebar Clamps

Then Replaced the rest with carbons fiber or aftermarket items.

Most bolts are titanium or aluminum black parts so no more ugly Stainless Cheese bolts that rust.

Waaaay easier to clean and no more rot appearing oh so quickly.
A1E29AED-6D9A-4CE3-8702-2A8CAC3E7F54.jpeg E90C97FD-E090-480E-B653-500C95A624A1.jpeg 9D2DF884-1845-4F5D-A807-0B962132F3C5.jpeg 5B360575-09E7-499D-A5CD-AA5273A63815.jpeg 92039960-860E-446E-81E7-7CCEB445DE33.jpeg

For gauges, take the apart and spray paint after light sand. Finish with clear. If done well it’ll look factory.

Thanks guys.

No offense to anyone, but I don't get the carbon fiber thing at all. I believe the original idea was to substitute it for weight savings, covering is spending money to add weight. I mean, aside from the fact that it's " carbon fiber", it's not really an attractive finish, rough and unfinished looking, a trade-off for lightness.

Perhaps tis kinda like those that wear a girdle . . .
Just wanna pretend to be light!

Good Carbon is glass smooth and has some crazy depth that fools the eye when looking at it, like Carbon Dry parts.

There is 100% a significant weight savings, even the Cactus Composites carbon parts come in at less than 1/2 the weight of the OEM parts.

Combined with the fact it’s repairable easily if you know how.

Some don’t like the look of CF and I get that, it’s not for everyone, like chrome :p

In a perfect world, my bikes body panels would be all raw titanium, no paint, no oxidation, lightweight, strong as hell.

Back