I dont like chrome

ArekDeBoss

Turbocharged
Ride
Rocket 3 GT 2022
So im not a big fan of chrome. Obviously there is a decent amount of shiny parts on rockets so will have a bit of changes to make.
Started with headlights and waiting for handlebars now, next will be front indicators- integrated in black mirrors. But what to do with those big clocks?? engine protecting bars and rear indicators? Has anybody replaced those?

I also am not a fan of chrome......but I did find that a good scuffing, some etching primer and 2 part urethane black semi gloss works great. I went to an auto paint place, they mix whatever color and sheen you want. 2 part paint in a rattle can. I wouldnt paint a large item this way, but it works ok for smaller items.

I completely agree. I've got an X and still too much chrome. I can't believe they didn't come with black levers and black screen kit.
I've changed the levers, the big silver ones don't draw an eye now, although still want bar ends, but planning Chandalier T Bars with Oxford heated grips (which come with dark bar ends). I bought a set of black led indicators but not yet fitted them because i can't quite decide where to put them, with a side mount I've also bought. I wanna expose as much of the back tyre as possible. I was thinking into the side of the sissy bar, but we'll see. I'll post pics up when I do.
I then plan on getting all the other chrome bits powder coated (sissy bar, fender covers, pillion peg relocation kit, fly screen fixing kit, and any other bits I've forgotten).

Last edited:
I'm sure they do, but prove it for the doubters and the nosy

I also am not a fan of chrome......but I did find that a good scuffing, some etching primer and 2 part urethane black semi gloss works great. I went to an auto paint place, they mix whatever color and sheen you want. 2 part paint in a rattle can. I wouldnt paint a large item this way, but it works ok for smaller items.
Above works just fine for me also

So im not a big fan of chrome. Obviously there is a decent amount of shiny parts on rockets so will have a bit of changes to make.
Started with headlights and waiting for handlebars now, next will be front indicators- integrated in black mirrors. But what to do with those big clocks?? engine protecting bars and rear indicators? Has anybody replaced those?

I have changed a lot of stuff, and if you want to get rid of the chrome for little expense, 3M wrap is the way to go, watch some youtube vids, a heatgun and a little practice and away you go.

If chrome becomes fashionable (i.e chrome prices drop) you can just peel it off

20150914_181031.jpg
20150917_175609.jpg

Pinstripes003.jpg

That sounds like a good and cheap (?) idea. Do they make matt 3M wraps. And what heatgun shoukd i look for?

Back