I dont like chrome

I like Black Chrome. :D

upload_2018-7-11_12-35-30.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-7-11_12-35-30.png
    upload_2018-7-11_12-35-30.png
    318 KB · Views: 0
One of the best things about BMWs, no chrome.
Ahem!

BMW R 1200 C
maxresdefault.jpg

Despite launching the R 1200 C in the James Bond film Tomorrow Never Dies with a radical Vietnamese chase scene that made number five in our top 10 film motorcycle chases, the cruisers bombed.

Yup, dumb idea, targeted Harley owners, Harley guys don't want a BMW and BMW guys don't want a cruiser. They even made it slow, lol, about 60 hp if I remember. Local Harley dealer took one in on trade, they were down to $3000, but the salesman said make any offer, we'll take it.

That sounds like a good and cheap (?) idea. Do they make matt 3M wraps. And what heatgun shoukd i look for?

Yes they make a Matt wrap and also a carbon fiber wrap, problem we found with the carbon fiber wrap is when fitting/applying it you stretch the material, this stretches the pattern and makes lining it up a PIA, we gave up. For a while we had a free supply of it and the young guys at work were experimenting with wrapping whole tanks, mostly unsuccessfully if you try it in one piece. With practice though its achievable.

Yes they make a Matt wrap and also a carbon fiber wrap, problem we found with the carbon fiber wrap is when fitting/applying it you stretch the material, this stretches the pattern and makes lining it up a PIA, we gave up. For a while we had a free supply of it and the young guys at work were experimenting with wrapping whole tanks, mostly unsuccessfully if you try it in one piece. With practice though its achievable.

Also any cheap-as heat-gun but with a temp control is best, like a hair dryer but don't try and use it as one;).

No offense to anyone, but I don't get the carbon fiber thing at all. I believe the original idea was to substitute it for weight savings, covering is spending money to add weight. I mean, aside from the fact that it's " carbon fiber", it's not really an attractive finish, rough and unfinished looking, a trade-off for lightness.

Back