Hydraulic clutch

YES Ive had problems with every bike with a Hydraulic clutch so no point wasting money on one of those and we never saw a broken cable on a ROCKET and weve modded over 100 but that doesnt mean you cant break one and that goes for everything on the bike so buy a spare slave cyclinder for your HYDRA clutches then LOL AND make it a point to service your bike and lube cables etc
Mine broke, but it had 130,000 miles on it when it happened.

I have to agree... there is little to no point doing a hydraulic clutch conversion on a Rocket 3. I did a hydraulic conversion on my 82 GSX1100S Katana because I had to, it was like trying to squeeze concrete. It is so much better than the cable, I can pull the clutch lever in with one finger now! My hands are pretty smashed up from a previous accident (Metal plates, pins and fused bone to fix) and I fully expected to have to do the same with my Rocket clutch but to my surprise, no. The standard cable operated clutch on my Rocket is probably the easiest I've ever used... :thumbsup::thumbsup: don't waste your time or your money...

T.
Here's a couple of pics of the Hydraulic clutch conversion on my Kat'
IMG_1743.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1701.JPG
    IMG_1701.JPG
    216 KB · Views: 4
I have to agree... there is little to no point doing a hydraulic clutch conversion on a Rocket 3. I did a hydraulic conversion on my 82 GSX1100S Katana because I had to, it was like trying to squeeze concrete. It is so much better than the cable, I can pull the clutch lever in with one finger now! My hands are pretty smashed up from a previous accident (Metal plates, pins and fused bone to fix) and I fully expected to have to do the same with my Rocket clutch but to my surprise, no. The standard cable operated clutch on my Rocket is probably the easiest I've ever used... :thumbsup::thumbsup: don't waste your time or your money...

T.
IMG_1743.JPG
Another bike I would like to have in the shed if I had a money tree.

T.
IMG_1743.JPG
MAKE shure you lube the cable ends chain lube works great and LEMON PLEDGE it cleans and lubes and doesnt make an oily mess

I guess that can of expensive cable lube was a waste of money. Could have just run down to the local wal-mart and bought some Pledge.:roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::whitstling::whitstling::whitstling::whitstling::whitstling::whitstling::whitstling::whitstling::whitstling::whitstling:

My last two bikes clutches were much easier to pull. I had a Honda Shadow and a Yamaha Stryker. I'm still getting used to this clutch pull. Hand gets a little tired at red lights. But I'll live

Back