Hydraulic clutch

With enough money and skill anything is possible....but I see nothing on the radar for this type of mod. In fact, the cable system we have is highly evolved and far better than cable clutches ever used to be. My Intruder has hydraulic and when it's right it's great, but if it gets the tiniest bubble in it, it will take hours to bleed it out. No such fuss with a cable!

I am with Rocket John. I too have had an Intruder and a Vstrom. Both had hydraulic clutch. I wouldn't spend another dime on a bike with a hydraulic clutch. On both bikes I replaced the clutch slave cylinders due to them becoming corroded inside the cylinders and they would not return properly and causing a clutch slip. I replaced the clutch in the intruder due to prematurely worn clutch discs due to this issue.

The clutch cable and set up on the Rocket is superior to most cables but it doesn't hurt to keep a spare cable in the event one breaks, and they do brake no matter what anyone here has to say.

I am with Rocket John. I too have had an Intruder and a Vstrom. Both had hydraulic clutch. I wouldn't spend another dime on a bike with a hydraulic clutch. On both bikes I replaced the clutch slave cylinders due to them becoming corroded inside the cylinders and they would not return properly and causing a clutch slip. I replaced the clutch in the intruder due to prematurely worn clutch discs due to this issue.

The clutch cable and set up on the Rocket is superior to most cables but it doesn't hurt to keep a spare cable in the event one breaks, and they do brake no matter what anyone here has to say.
YES Ive had problems with every bike with a Hydraulic clutch so no point wasting money on one of those and we never saw a broken cable on a ROCKET and weve modded over 100 but that doesnt mean you cant break one and that goes for everything on the bike so buy a spare slave cyclinder for your HYDRA clutches then LOL AND make it a point to service your bike and lube cables etc

Have to agree here. No real need for a hydraulic conversion unless you have a special physical need. Even then I can't see it being any easier.

I would have to agree with the masses here. I am all about customizing something to suit your personal preference, but for the life of me, can't see why anyone would experience a positive cost/benefit ratio by doing this conversion. Simpler is almost always better.....

I would have to agree with the masses here. I am all about customizing something to suit your personal preference, but for the life of me, can't see why anyone would experience a positive cost/benefit ratio by doing this conversion. Simpler is almost always better.....
WELL it doesnt get any better than the feel of a ROCKET clutch so WTF are you talikng about ?

WELL it doesnt get any better than the feel of a ROCKET clutch so WTF are you talikng about ?
Uh, I think the same thing as you. My point was that converting the clutch to hydraulic would needlessly complicate a relatively simple design without adding appreciable benefit (in the way of performance or clutch feel). Don't know how much simpler I can state it...

Back