help with vista and tuneboy

Triple Trouble

The Duk of death
Orchard Beach. Ont. Canada , London England
Ride
'05 Rocket III '73 Norton Commando 65 Norton Atlas
I am trying to hook up my bike with a new laptop that uses windows vista. I think the problem maybe with the drivers but it does nothing when plugged in. I have uninstalled everything and reinstalled with no success. Any help or advice would be appreciated. I'm using the latest download from Tune boy and the drivers for vista came with it but it doesn't see them?

Thanks for the tips but still no luck hooking up to the laptop. I did manage to change the tune to 20222_2 you posted recently by passing the cable out the office window and hooking to my pc. Initial impression after a very short test ride is that the bike starts way quicker (spins over faster too) and is noticeably smoother though it doesn't seem to have the same manic power. I am hoping for an improvement in gas mileage as it was really poor with the 20145 variant that was in it.

One more thing, in Tunedit, select options then properties, try selecting different comm ports under the serial port drop down. Had the problem once where it was not finding the correct USB port.

What's your exhaust and intake set up?

Sorry I don't know what else to tell you. Have you emailed Wayne yet?

Next time you stretch the cable out the window load this tune. It is a dyno tune from my bike with trip K&Ns bypass and maddogs. Several with TORs have run it and liked it. Came out at 152hp and 155ftlbs.

Last edited:
Back