Help needed with Ramair install

Got my RamAir kit so following all treads with interest.

Re the sensor/hole scenario what year bikes are you guys having problems with?

Got my RamAir kit so following all treads with interest.

Re the sensor/hole scenario what year bikes are you guys having problems with?

I'm just guessing here but I would say all years because the intake air temp sensor is the same size for all years. I ran a check and going back to 2005 to 2016 the part number is the same for the IAT sensor.

..., however many base plates they get fabbed at once I suppose.
I've seen them made - pretty much made to order. My IAT is actually a bit of a pull to get the "barb" back out. 2009 MY. And THIS should be in everybody's tool kit.

Lest we forget - RamAir did NOT design this filter. Ex forum member Colin (with some help from me) did. ime it the R3 runs smoother and with less "chirping" than Triple K&N's. Both benefit from the OZ-Claw by keeping warm draught from the Radiator etc from being pulled up under the claw.

It runs better still with Colin's original custom ITG filter, but that is BLOODY loud. You can hear it over near open exhausts.

If I'm totally honest - my adapted outer plenum did pretty well too. Smooth and Quiet.
PLENUMS_REAR

Last edited:
I've seen them made - pretty much made to order. My IAT is actually a bit of a pull to get the "barb" back out.

That's why it's important if there's an issue with a product to contact the manufacturer so they have a chance to fix it quickly. If the first few that came out oversize reported it to Ramair maybe it would have been fixed by the time I got mine! :) From what I understand the the o ring spacer they include in the kit is to prevent the sensor being pushed all the way in making it easier to remove.

I think it's great Ramair have taken it on to give us a specific filter to fit our bikes :thumbsup:

My ramair kit came with a strip of tommy tape to use when fitting the sensor into the ramair body, not a rubber washer. I used that and it worked a treat (as explained in the instructions). You can get the tape at any hardware. If you like I can find my instructions and scan them for you.

My ramair kit came with a strip of tommy tape to use when fitting the sensor into the ramair body, not a rubber washer. I used that and it worked a treat (as explained in the instructions). You can get the tape at any hardware. If you like I can find my instructions and scan them for you.

Do you mean me or Blackthou? Mine is fitted up and running (no test ride yet - **** work). Once I contacted Ramair about my missing instructions and loose sensor they apologised and immediately emailed me instructions and sent the tape out air mail. Thanks for the offer though :thumbsup:

Do you mean me or Blackthou? Mine is fitted up and running (no test ride yet - **** work). Once I contacted Ramair about my missing instructions and loose sensor they apologised and immediately emailed me instructions and sent the tape out air mail. Thanks for the offer though :thumbsup:
I meant you 3Katz, but looks like you have it sorted. Cheers mate

Well it's on and couldn't have been any easier to fit. Hardest part was putting the bearclaw back on afterwards LOL. The plenum washers being shouldered aren't the easiest to remove without dropping. I packed everywhere with rags so when one fell it was still visible. Removed the captive nuts for those bolts also. It does say so in the text but easy to miss. I believe the excellent video on YouTube didn't mention them.
Re sensor/hole scenario no problem. Hole was exactly the right size for the sensor. O ring no longer supplied. Rubber mounts a good fit. As it was late when I finished still got the 12 minute tune to do. Does the 12 minutes start when the fan cuts in or do you wait for it to go off and then wait 12 minutes?
IMG_6392[1].JPG

Back