Help needed with Ramair install

3Katz

.060 Over
Ride
'06 Classic
I read all about the great instructions you get with the Ramair but my kit didn't have any! The process was easy enough after watching a really great video on youtube but it kind of glossed over the part about fitting the IAT sensor to the Ramair base.

I can't see how this tiny little rubber washer holds the the sensor in. It's too big to fit in the hole and fits around the sensor very loosely. The rubber grommet out of the original piece of intake track won't fit in Ramair base as the Ramair is made of much thicker material - unless I were to trim a lip off it in which case I'd be worried about the sensor falling out allowing unfiltered air into the engine.

I'm assuming I'm missing something very basic....

20161014_130842.jpg
20161014_130800.jpg

The washer is more like an insulator just put it on the sensor and insert the into the hole it should be a snug fit.

Do you mean like a washer - doesn't go in the hole but on the outside? The sensor isn't a snug fit in the hole, it falls straight back out.

I finally found another thread with the same issue as me - the IAT sensor falls straight out of the filter base. It seems I haven't missed anything with the missing instructions, the provided hole is just too big. I can get around it but I expected a lot more - it's waaaay off. Seems like a easy thing to get right.

There could be another explanation so I contacted Ramair to see what the go is.

Haha, yeah well I'm really surprised there hasn't been more info about this issue in particular, maybe I got a bad one. I'd hate to think there are systems out there with the IAT rattling around letting dust get drawn in. I'll report back as to what Ramair have to say.

The first RamAirs fell apart and now the IAT hole is too big?

Ramair might need to put the bong back in it's hiding place for awhile. :rolleyes:

What is that solder looking dimple around the way to big IAT hole?

:laugh: That is some glue around the hole which I'll need to remove - no biggie. I had a reply in which they apologised but during manufacture some were made with a hole .7mm too big.
They have amalgamating tape to increase the size of the sensor which they can supply, but that will take too long. I will have to try and find some locally. They probably should have measured it and included the tape if required before shipping - oh well.

I had the same issue with my Ramair, I trimmed the Rubber piece the sensor was originally mounted into. It seems to hold it nice and snug in the larger hole. I never contacted Ramair about it.

After putting the end of the sensor thru the hole pull a ziptie up tight around the part of the sensor that is coming thru the other side........ I wish I invented those dang zipties :banghead:

Back