that ride along the arizona border is beautiful on the ariz side there is a long strech that is 20 mile per hour
on the newmexico side some around 45 mph several camp area's along there. i like to camp out on (something like) potatoe road
i just call it tator road

that ride along the arizona border is beautiful on the ariz side there is a long strech that is 20 mile per hour
on the newmexico side some around 45 mph several camp area's along there. i like to camp out on (something like) potatoe road
i just call it tator road
Are you talking about the 191 Coronado Trail?

IMG_1223.jpeg

This is a five day ride.
I am not familiar with the rest of the ride but the Arizona portion is going to be fun. A bit hot in the southern part but the rest is awesome. Done it many times.

I am not familiar with the rest of the ride but the Arizona portion is going to be fun. A bit hot in the southern part but the rest is awesome. Done it many times.
I plan on going that last of September for weather reasons. Coming down out of Cloudcroft into Alamogordo is a great scenic high elevation to desert drop. The White Sands are interesting and the Chilies should be coming off in Hatch. From there 27 north to 152 into Santa Clara is a stellar ride. I enjoy the route from Safford to Datil even though is is not listed as a five star motorcycle route.

Another day takes you out of Socorro, across the lava fields and through the Mescalero Reservation from Tularosa through Ruidoso and it is critical to go around the north of Capitan Mountains on 264.

I plan on going that last of September for weather reasons. Coming down out of Cloudcroft into Alamogordo is a great scenic high elevation to desert drop. The White Sands are interesting and the Chilies should be coming off in Hatch. From there 27 north to 152 into Santa Clara is a stellar ride. I enjoy the route from Safford to Datil even though is is not listed as a five star motorcycle route.
Reserve north to Quemado is a nice little ride too. I have been to Hatch for sure (got to get my extra hot green chiles). Have you ridden Mt Graham near Safford?

Reserve north to Quemado is a nice little ride too. I have been to Hatch for sure (got to get my extra hot green chiles). Have you ridden Mt Graham near Safford?
We go as far as Apache creek then have to turn west to make the mileage work out but it doe look good on the Satellite map. No I have not done Mt. Graham yet. Maybe the next time I go out I'll do a completely different route but this is one I have done once before in 2017 and will be "guiding" three new guys on their first out west trip.

We go as far as Apache creek then have to turn west to make the mileage work out but it doe look good on the Satellite map. No I have not done Mt. Graham yet. Maybe the next time I go out I'll do a completely different route but this is one I have done once before in 2017 and will be "guiding" three new guys on their first out west trip.
Mt. Graham is even twistier than 191 but not nearly as long. Only about 25 or 30 miles, but you go up about 6000 ft in those miles. Definitely try it sometime if you are near Safford.

Are you talking about the 191 Coronado Trail?

yes i am
a lot of that suggested (yellow sign ) of 20-25 mph might be a couple 15 mph.
keep an eye on your buddies and if they are crossing over the double yellow lines then explain to them that laying that bike over and dragging the peddles is not as scary as ridding over one of those cliff's.
i helped a crouch rocket back up to the payment was about 200 yards down the mountain. i bet he will never forget that ride.

Back