heavy mods - my green no. 3

..thanks, that is a singele seat from a Rocket Touring heavyly converted. No easy job
20150314135333.JPG

Totally awesome workmanship! :thumbsup:
I wish these solo seats with attached backrests were available somewhere. :rolleyes:
Thanks for posting the pix! :D

Totally awesome workmanship! :thumbsup:
I wish these solo seats with attached backrests were available somewhere. :rolleyes:
Thanks for posting the pix! :D

Just cut the pillion back pad off a Classic 'Touring'/'Longhaul' seat that fit Roadsters too and re-upholster the rear end. Finding the backrest for sale will be the hardest part! Or do what I did and make a rider's backrest from a reversed rear pillion frame and then you can have the front Roadster solo with backrest by itself and still have option to mount another stock pillion seat at the same time if you have a pillion need. The two pillion frames fit and bolt up fine. Someone else made their square backrest shaft from laminated timber painted and fitted with a back rest pad which looked and worked really well too according to the maker and his pics

I do have a second hand Classic 'Touring'/'Longhaul' seat with OEM backrest that cost AU$400 but have found the backrest is further forward than my home made version and reduces rider room available for my lumpy frame so will probably stick to my custom made one.

Brand new Classic 'Touring'/'Longhaul' seats with the backrest hole and cap are available here and in the UK for AU$172 (US$130) or thereabouts with free postage in Australia. The backrests are not made or available anymore from dealers but I have an 'rare as hen's teeth' unpacked New in Box one stashed away with an brand new seat to match. Will probably put them both up for sale soon, after I get back from the RAT Hahndorf meet in April. That 2nd 3000km ride should convince me to stick with my home made one I took to the RDU and Brisbane afterwards.

Back