Heated grips options

Yeah, I got that, what was throwing me is that on my stock 2010 Roadster the insert on the throttle side hangs out past the bar 1.2".

Yeah, I got that, what was throwing me is that on my stock 2010 Roadster the insert on the throttle side hangs out past the bar 1.2".
Ok then the new insert would be installed so the threaded section is in the same location as the originsl one. I seen the sell glue and a bar crimp tool which is pricey. I'd go with the glue. The main difference here is so the weight doesn't drag on the throttle side. Much like the shims in the throttle miester set up.

Don't mean to wander off topic, but as an aside...
On both my Rockets I glued the bar end weight pieces together so turning the bar end turns the screw then added a washer between grip and bar weight. Poor man's throttlemeister.

I have the Coolride Heating system mounted, which is integrated inside the handlebar. So you can go on using any grip at the handlebar you want. Works perfect, no idea if available overseas.

@Scholle , it looks like there is a US vendor who carries these heaters:

CoolRide | Spiegler USA

Also, you say they work perfectly. Few questions though so I can understand better since these look to be the exact approach I am looking for.
How warm do they get through the grips? Toasty or just enough to take the “edge” off?

What range of outdoor temps have you been able to test them to?

How long do they take to heat up?

Last edited:
@Jay please post that link.

I note on the European site they sell a 12 mm end mill, presumably for drilling out the bar ends. In your experience, do you know if that (or something like it) would be needed for our bikes ?

@Scholle , it looks like there is a US vendor who carries these heaters:

CoolRide | Spiegler USA

Also, you say they work perfectly. Few questions though so I can understand better since these look to be the exact approach I am looking for.
How warm do they get through the grips? Toasty or just enough to take the “edge” off?

What range of outdoor temps have you been able to test them to?

How long do they take to heat up?

- The final level of heat is comparable to the OEM heating grips. The level of heating can be set in 5 levels. If you start with the highest level, full heat level is reached after about 5 or 7 minutes. After having reached the desired level of temperature, I mostly reduce to level 3. Level 3 or 4 give a fine feeling at temperatures below 10°C or in heavy rain conditions.

I don`t know how it works below 0°C , as I never ride in winter times. But even in summer, in the alpine regions above 2.000m, I never missed hotter grips. In terms of temperature they are more or less comparable with die OEM heating grips, just need double the time to heat up.

Regards, Georg

I found I could buy the Koso in the proper length if I buy directly from them, so I think that's the direction I'll go.

Back