Heated grips options

I am looking at the Symtech internal heated elements that go inside the handlebar.

i tried the external elements that go on the bar under the grip, but destroyed the left hand element when trying to slide the grip on, it was just too tight.

Also looking at just getting the Avon heated grips and plugging the controller into the heated grip harness under the tank. This option is about the same cost as e OEM heated grips, but I like the Avon Air cushion grips. They are similar to the Kuryakyn Iso grips, plus built in Symtech Heat Daemon elements.

@Scholle Georg, might you say what diameter heating core fits the Rocket ? I note on their order page, they just list a wide range of diameters in whole millimeters.

Sorry Paul, I can`t remember the diameter as I bought it several years ago. My Rocket is a 2005 model and as I can see, your Rocket is a 2014 Touring, which might have a different handlebar for sure compared to the 2005 model. The best way to order the correct size is to measure the inside diameter of your handlebar. The heating item should fit as close as possible to the inner diameter of the handlebar.
Regards, Georg

As far as I know, all the handlebars are from the same stock - 1 inch OD - so I'm pretty sure there is a one-size-fits-all number here.

@Jay are your bars where you could measure the ID easily and report back ?

As far as I know, all the handlebars are from the same stock - 1 inch OD - so I'm pretty sure there is a one-size-fits-all number here.

@Jay are your bars where you could measure the ID easily and report back ?
Paul they go on the inner diameter of the handle bars. Even has the 6 mm thread for our bar weights. There will be some work removing the inner thread blank and prep the bars.

griffheizungssystem-deluxe_10.jpg

griffheizungssystem-deluxe_9.jpg

Ah, ok, I was wondering how those would work since my bars are not hollow on the ends.
So, once you've removed the stock inner thread blank, you leave these heater units hanging out of the bar ends the same distance as they did?

And thank you for the replies, gentlemen.

Ah, ok, I was wondering how those would work since my bars are not hollow on the ends.
So, once you've removed the stock inner thread blank, you leave these heater units hanging out of the bar ends the same distance as they did?

And thank you for the replies, gentlemen.
See the yellow is the insert. Is has a thread on it. The same thread as the internsl stub thread you remove.insert stake or glue the insert in place, screw your old weights into the new heated insert just like original.
griffheizungssystem-deluxe_10.jpg

And yes yours not being hollow wil not work
Your better off with the OEM style

Back