Molinoman

Living Legend
Ride
2017 Polaris Slingshot
Just visited the RAT site and one guy (from Thailand) was looking for an alternative to the stock headlights on the Rocket. Since he brought it up, how is the night time illumination with the dual headlights? Is this something I may need to look at? After riding the Gold Wing (with tremendous light coverage at night) I would like to have something equivalent on the Rocket. Does anybody have any thoughts on this or recommendations for an upgrade in bulbs or is it necessary (maybe they outfit cheaper type bulbs for Triumphs going to Thailand)?
Thanks,
Dennis

The headlights on both of my Hinckley Triumphs were adjusted poorly upon delivery. The dual headlights are good, highbeams very good, when adjusted properly. However there are some better bulbs out there. This was Pianoman's recommendation in an earlier post, I trust his opinion because he either has or has tried about every accessory out there.:D

Snuff....... If you need a great bright and white light in front of you..... try changing your headlight bulbs to PIAA H4 Extreme White Plus 60W/55W. It's also an anti vibration bulb and it sure made a difference. They're around $50 each. Might be cheaper than the extra lights. When the mechanic was changing them out he did one and left the other original bulb. Turned on the lights and WOW......you could really see the difference between them. Anyway, just a way to see Bambi a bit sooner.

Thanks

Thanks for the info, when I get it, I'll try it out with stock headlights, if they seem a little "under powered", thanks to you....and pianoman, I have an alternative.
Thanks,
Dennis

I did try looking for those and came up empty.This area is a little behind in most things I've found so just where do you find those torches??I have my low beams on and set high like high beams and works very good. Better than the high beams when adjusted correctly(whatever that is.)

I think the biggest problem is the way the reflector is set up inside the headlight. They just don't seem to do a very good job of focusing the light source. I run the PIAA lights which are the best i've found for a good sharp- bright light, but the beam focus is still kind'a blurred. The one headlight on my Trophy, equipped with a PIAA bulb, has the best lighting i've experienced. Bigern

I did try looking for those and came up empty.This area is a little behind in most things I've found so just where do you find those torches??I have my low beams on and set high like high beams and works very good. Better than the high beams when adjusted correctly(whatever that is.)

http://www.directtuning.com/store/pc-33659-155-piaa-bulb-h4-xtreme-wht-plus-6055w135125w-twin.aspx

The above link fits the description Pig9r gave. 56.00 dollars for two, free shipping.

Last edited:
I'm replacing the stocks with this offering from Adjure (ICE).

Link Removed
Link Removed
They are about $60 per...

Back