night lite

I've been reading this thread without commenting (that's unusual for me, right?) for some time.

I have to say that I find the light emitted from my twin lights to be quite satisfactory. Last summer I spent some time riding at night (I work all day) and I never felt constrained by the headlights. I did consider the HID retrofit that's in the DK catalog, but I for one don't like a car with HID lamps approaching me. I find the light emitted from a HID lamp to be irritating. The other drawback to HID lighting is the price, somewhere in the 400 buck range for each headlamp.

I may try Pianoman's PIAA lamps this summer or when I have a failure of one of the stock lamps, because, why replace 'em if they are doing a good job, which they are. I did have a problem with the aim when I first got the bike. I was looking for grasshoppers on low beam. A little adjusting cured that along with splitting the beams apart a little more.

I've seen comments elsewhere about fitting a single beam. Personally, I like the twin headlamps. It sets the R3 apart, like a signature, along with the engine. It looks, well, bugeyed.

Thanks

Flip, that is probably what I will do, use the stock lights, see how they illuminate, and if I think they may need a little help (as opposed to what I am used to on the Wing), then I'll get something else...for the lights.
I appreciate all the different opinions and suggestions that have been given, there is a great wealth of knowledge on this board and am glad that is was made available to me.
Dennis
12 dtg!

I have seen Pianoman's lights in person and they perform very well. I have also seen the Adjure Ice headlights in person too and they work better! Just depends what level of performance upgrade you need as to which direction you go. Neither upgrade appears to be hard (replacing a bulb is a snap). I have a feeling the Adjure Ice with the PIAA bulbs will piss many people off though as you will appear to be a super nova approaching :).

Back