Headlight problem is back.

As stated earlier, there are TWO relays in the Headlight current path ......... only one was replaced.
Yes but you left me out in the cold when i asked were the second one was located. Found it Replaced it and did not change the price of tea in china one bit. New ignition switch that just came into today Changed the price of tea in china. It works now. Soft install. Still needs to be mounted but that is OK. Understand your are very smart at electrical issues but I have never left a guy out in the cold in the middle of a problem. Even when i guy is a novice and is trying describe a MECHANICAL ISSUE i will help. Have never left a guy standing online. Not very knowledgeable in electrical aspects but did trouble shoot correctly. Hell4 it works. New switch is notable tighter in operation. My point is this. I work as Senior welder at a FAA repair station and even so sometimes listen to a new hire and learn a thing or two. Never placed myself above the next guy. Never looked at life and blew anybody off until i stopped listened and understood. At times it may take a bit of patience but have learned fresh ideas sometimes work especially in procedures and methods. This knowledge and keeping my ego at bay is why continue to grow and excel in my trade.

@sonny
My friend, you are so incorrect with any accusation that anyone hung you out!

Help here is given freeley and at the helpers time and speed. Electrical issues are a process of logical elimination. It is not usually a sudden diagnosis!

Instant help to another member is NOT a requisite for membership to this forum.
Please rethink your attitude, Amigo.

Another thing counselors will tell us:

People will forget what you do; they will forget what you say.

They will long remember how you made them feel.

People forget every and all the nice things you've done and or said and remember everything else forever. Annnd if you have not ever done something wrong, they make it up to displace you and take your place or gain status.

May not be a requisite. Warp Nine never left me Hanging. He and i have crossed some bad words in the past but the man never let me down. This guy left me hanging over a simple question. Walked off line. No excuses. Status is one thing but to leave a guy in the middle of a trouble shoot different story. Nice quotes are very impressive but ain't buying it. Never held myself above the next guy always showed respect. I have stood all night long to help out a fellow member and have no regrets. One night not to long ago worked a twelve and stayed up all night to help though out the procedure. Went to work the next morning smiling. Dog ass tired but knew i made someones life better. That is how we ride. This guy thinks he above and beyond. First comments was is to you really own a rocket X? Come on guy you kicked me off your Rat net for calling a guy out about knocking BLUE COLLAR WORKERS. Yes we remember that very well.

Last edited:
May not be a requisite. Warp Nine never left me Hanging. He and i have crossed some bad words in the past but the man never let me down. This guy left me hanging over a simple question. Walked off line. No excuses. Status is one thing but to leave a guy in the middle of a trouble shoot different story. Nice quotes are very impressive but ain't buying it. Never held myself above the next guy always showed respect. I have stood all night long to help out a fellow member and have no regrets. One night not to long ago worked a twelve and stayed up all night to help though out the procedure. Went to work the next morning smiling. Dog ass tired but knew i made someones life better. That is how we ride. This guy thinks he above and beyond. First comments was is to you really own a rocket X? Come on guy you kicked me off your Rat net for calling a guy out about knocking BLUE COLLAR WORKERS. Yes we remember that very well.

Just in case Sonny, I was not referring to you in any way or fashion. I would not do that. Paul posted a quote and I responded to it in a kneejerk reaction based life experiences that I have had. Peace Brother.

Well Sonny, for the first time, I'm gonna chip in here. I don't know you from Adam and hope that one day I get to meet you. Being in the electrical/automation field myself, I know first hand how difficult it is to trouble shoot an issue remotely. The only way is to ask a whole lot of questions as with any fault finding procedure, it's a process of elimination.
I remember responding to your initial posts with a few questions just to get the ball rolling and I was busy preparing a longer list when you started ranting and raving and I thought, stuff it, too hard. I have customers that behave in this way and I fired them a long time ago.
In order to be helped, you need to be helpful.
I'm glad you've managed to sort it out. By yourself. Good on yer Mate!
As a final note, during your ranting and raving, my father in law suffered a heart attack. So any thoughts of looking at a motorcycle forum was the last thing on my mind. You never know what someone's personal circumstances are.

Is he OK ? My dad is in his late eighty's and i fear the phone call which i know will happen
Yup...he's back on his feet. They stay on a farm but he was recovering from a hip replacement at our place so luckily the ambo's arrived pretty quickly.

Back