Headlight problem is back.

sonny

Living Legend
Ride
rocket three x
I am going to explain this in great detail and hopefully somebody will have a solution. turning the key to the on position the headlights will flash and then go out completely. This is prior to hitting the start button. Bike will start fine but have no headlights. Today i replaced the rely switch with a brand new Truimph part no. T2501705. No luck. Now here is the kicker. If i rev the engine the lights will come on. Turn the bike off and back on again no lights. Left hand switch control on handlebars was replaced during last upgrade. Has been on the bike for about two months. Raised tank and checked connections and all appears tight. Do have JW daymakers installed. Have had them on the bike for over four years with about 50,000 miles. Have noticed that while headlights are on if i hit the throttle lights will go out. Need help

Wonder if someone at the Triumph Plant installed a dyno on your bike:eek: I remember the old days with the push bike the faster you pedaled the brighter the lights, hope you get it sorted out my friend, be patient my fellow countryman will be along shortly.

Same on Hi or Low? And this is happening to BOTH?
If on high - when the headlights go out, does the blue indicator light also go out?
If it does, the problem is in the system
If it does NOT, then problem more likely in the headlights (although you would have to believe that it would be unlikely both would suffer same issue at same time)

This is std Roadster (X) wiring? no Additional relays or anything? (I'm just going by your profile that Rocket Three X - is it indeed an X or ????)

So you replaced the Starter/Headlight relay, right (the 5-pin one)?
Did you replace the other headlight relay? (the 4-pin one - item 68 on the schematic)

Do your running lights (tail light) remain on? (that circuit also energizes that 4 pin relay with ignition on)

Roadster X No 74 with standard wiring. Same problem on high and low and yes when headlights are not working high beam indicator is out. Tail light is on and no issues. When i rev it a bit that is how i know lights are on by the highbeam indicator light illuminates. Yes replaced the relay change over with part no. T2501705 today.

Four pin relay were would it be located on the bike. Have the five pin relay change over and the 3 pin turn signal relay for led turn signals CF13 the rest of it i can not read off. The relay for the turn signals is what you recommended.

This is getting to be ****ing ridiculous.A bike with 56,000 miles and no headlights really. WTF Anybody who can point me in the right direction would be nice.

Ran across a problem i can solve . Nobody seems to what to help. **** this. I have always tried to help folks out whenever i can. Figure in time will trouble shoot and get rid of it. When problems like this start up at the mileage you can count on more headaches.Time to go shopping.

Back