harley touring air shocks on a r3t

jcb7469

.060 Over
Ride
2010 rocket 3 touring
Saw a set of harley touring air shocks on craigslist for not much money. Would they work on a r3t. Would it be an upgrade or a waste of time and effort?

I've thought of this myself and wonder if anyone has looked into this already. There are so many cool shocks available for the Harley touring rigs (air over oil etc)that can change load rating and ride at the push of a button or use a little hand pump on a fitting beside the seat. It is a pain in the arse to take my panniers off to change the setting on the shocks every time.

Ridefree

My sugestion, dont do it, my 2015 Ultra has them, they dont hold the air, at 3000 miles they have been replaced once, went for a ride today and the new ones are depleted just by sitting in the garage for a week, everybody is going to conventional shocks on the Ultras

8,000 to 10,000 is when the heartaches and headaches begin. Do not ask how we know.:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
I had the softail for a few years and never had a problem with it, Hanso and Tripps took it on a 3000 mile trip each and the bike did very well, is just like the rockets, if you get a bad one you just got a bad one. not that worried about it, if its man made its prone to break and it will eventually:)

Understood. Time and millage will tell. My luck with Harley has not been good but my luck with Triumph at 18,000 miles has been much better.:):):):) The Harley has cost me a small fortune to keep it running good but at 85,000 miles it still runs. After a lot of wrenching.:(:(:(:(

A fellow at work owns a Harley. I think it stays in the shop more than he rides it. Last week the guys at work asked him where his bike was and he said it was in the shop getting a new "compensator". To the tune of of $600.

Back