R3 Touring exhaust options

charris

Standard Bore
Ride
2009 Touring R3
Hi all,

I'm looking to try and get a list of exhaust options together for the Touring model (mine is 2009) ive spent hours going through the forums and whilst a few option have been bought up theres not a list of them all in one place. For me im currently considering my options as the standard pipes look beautiful but literally silent, Ive head on my model alot of the baffle/honey is in the CAT/Link pipe and replacing this will add some grunt. Alot of exhaust may be tranferable from the roadster to the Touring but not with panniers on, id like to keep them on.

Options i have found so far.

daveplattexhausts - full pipes & link £1095, Link pipe only £358.00
(ebay special) - US $520.00 + import & postage ~ $300
Carpenter sidewinder - US $1,600 + import & postage
Silencers, Aftermarket Kit TORs A9608090 (no longer in production?)
Laidlaw Motorsport (AUS)
Viking Exhaust : TRIUMPH (NZ)

Please let me know of any further options below and i'll add them to the main post

Last edited:
OK just two in-house forum and one Triumph option to start.

An Aussie forum member makes a very popular high performance version with big bore header. LMS Laidlaw Motor Sport or just Les @ozrider to his mates.
I have an LMS like this in the shed just in case I want to swap out my Triumph stock looking but cat free straight through TORs (Triumph but marked for Off Road use only ie track days etc as they do not meet most state pollution/noise limits) with an aftermarket improved flow crossover pipe.
The TORs are identical in outward appearance (and not much lighter) to stock unless you look down the baffle free barrel.
TORs Silencers, Aftermarket Kit A9608090
Just the pipes/cans Silencer, Pair, Aftermarket A9600215
The stock crossover is cat free but does not have a great flow. The cats are in the stock mufflers, Australia and many other countires do not require Cats for motorcycle's roadworthy.
1662112454275.png

1662112482387.png

Another NZ member, Paul @Paul Bryant of Viking Exhausts also makes extremely high quality pipes for R3T or any other vintage or modern Triumph classic.

Both sell worldwide and many members have and swear by their products. Our moderator Paul @Joesmoe has a full Viking system too he adores.
1662113631573.png

This is another e.g. of his work and he does many designs.

1662112575379.png

Both Les and Paul offer multiple coating options. Paul also does single and dual pipe systems and slip ons and crossovers.
Les mainly does single sided big bore high flow headers with pipes.

TORs Silencers, Aftermarket Kit A9608090
Just the pipes/cans Silencer, Pair, Aftermarket A9600215

1Silencers, Aftermarket Kit
A9608090
Share this part
NO LONGERAVAILABLE£415.00inc. VAT-
2Silencer, Pair, Aftermarket
A9600215
Share this part
NO LONGERAVAILABLE£0.00inc. VAT-
3Exhaust Gasket
T2208419
Share this part
NOT IN STOCKAdd to Basketto Order(see FAQ)£11.04inc. VAT-

Stock
1662111818574.png

Last edited:
Some great stuff added there thank you @Ishrub shame Laidlaw arent in the UK as id just throw money at them!
As for the TORs i was aware of their existance but ive only found them as triple cans for the roadster, i guess thats because these are no longer being produced?
I'd love to see what they sound like on the Touring so i know if its worth hunting them down

Back