Not to put a downer on them but watch for cracks particularly in the Top Box base as I had one and ended up makeing an Alloy plate to reinforce the base then it started having issues with other fitting like the locking clasp falling off so I canned it they look good but are to lightly made in my opinion

I thought the same when they showed up so I made an aluminum plates, painted them black and installed them. I sandwicht on the inside and
Not to put a downer on them but watch for cracks particularly in the Top Box base as I had one and ended up makeing an Alloy plate to reinforce the base then it started having issues with other fitting like the locking clasp falling off so I canned it they look good but are to lightly made in my opinion
I do agree that they could have been made stronger. When I installed them I used some 1/8" aluminum plate that covers 3/4 of the inside mounting wall and some 1/16" aluminum on the other side, for more strength. Both painted black. This seems to be working.
I took the lock off during this same time and sealed it with silicone for a better, water tight seal. This should also help with the back nut coming loose.
So far they've lasted through 8k miles since the June trip. For the money I think they are a good buy but yes. They need something to strengthen the mounting walls up a bit

Last edited:
I'm thinking of cross laying some fiberglass on the inside to make the more ridged.

I put these Mutazu, RS universal hard saddle bags, on earlier this summer, before my wife and I took our big bike trip. Had a great time and living out of a motorcycle for 9 days, the extra storage room was needed. Nice bags and they didn’t leak when it rained.
2016-06-12 09.15.16.jpg 2016-06-12 09.15.04.jpg 2016-06-12 09.15.34.jpg

Nice rear end :laugh: The lights detail on the bags does it for me. Aaand of course the Dark CT. What brand and size is it?

IMG_0760.JPG

Back