Msmitch459

msmitch459
Ride
2015 Roadster
I put these Mutazu, RS universal hard saddle bags, on earlier this summer, before my wife and I took our big bike trip. Had a great time and living out of a motorcycle for 9 days, the extra storage room was needed. Nice bags and they didn’t leak when it rained.
2016-06-12 09.15.16.jpg 2016-06-12 09.15.04.jpg 2016-06-12 09.15.34.jpg

Attachments

• 2016-06-12 09.15.04.jpg
    2016-06-12 09.15.04.jpg
    340 KB · Views: 37
I put these Mutazu, RS universal hard saddle bags, on earlier this summer, before my wife and I took our big bike trip. Had a great time and living out of a motorcycle for 9 days, the extra storage room was needed. Nice bags and they didn’t leak when it rained.
2016-06-12 09.15.16.jpg 2016-06-12 09.15.04.jpg 2016-06-12 09.15.34.jpg

I just installed those on mine, except mine are Matt. I am going to wire the lights as running light, but I am going to out the brake light flasher on them. That way they are always on to make me more visible, and flash for the brakes. How did you run the lights? They give you three wires for the brake or blinker, but you can only run 1 or the other?

I just installed those on mine, except mine are Matt. I am going to wire the lights as running light, but I am going to out the brake light flasher on them. That way they are always on to make me more visible, and flash for the brakes. How did you run the lights? They give you three wires for the brake or blinker, but you can only run 1 or the other?

I use the running lights and brake lights. I could make all 3 functions work but I would have to add relays and I didn't want to do that just before I took off on this trip. Keep it simple.
Since I've been back I haven't thought about it. Maybe this winter.

They look good Steve. Take the time to wire up the full function of the lights. Use a 4 prong waterproof quick disconnect coupler like on a trailer so you can remove the bags easily.

They look good Steve. Take the time to wire up the full function of the lights. Use a 4 prong waterproof quick disconnect coupler like on a trailer so you can remove the bags easily.
Yes. This is something else I didn't do when I installed them. I purchased a plug off Amazon with this in mind and I'll add it in this winter. I ran them through a relay and fused but I forgot about changing tires, brake pads and so on. They need to be removable.

Not to put a downer on them but watch for cracks particularly in the Top Box base as I had one and ended up makeing an Alloy plate to reinforce the base then it started having issues with other fitting like the locking clasp falling off so I canned it they look good but are to lightly made in my opinion

Right! I took a piece of 1/8th steel and formed it on the inside of the bag for support!

Back