Happy Days My Rocket is Done

FB_IMG_1513570628189.jpg

Scott,
I URGE you to try this sometime . . .

So after actually having the bike back for a while now, and having lifted the tank and poked around under the seat and intake etc here are the little things that were done, without discussing them, and without being mentioned by Bob.

Second heavy gauge ground wire installed.
Wiring re-done under tank and side covers to be a little neater.
#1 coilpack mount adjusted to fit properly (I could never get it to fit in the bracket right).
Small re-design of my intake, providing better fastening and sealing around the edge of the foam.
New battery installed (not sure why my bike is the Jack the ripper of battery killers).
Crank vent filter replaced, the Raimair provided one had cracked at the back, i knew about it but hadn't replaced it (laziness).

All small things, but things that matter. These are the reason you send your bike in, to have a knowledgeable R3 mechanic who gives a **** do the work instead of some hack trying to get the most billable hours squeezed into an actual real life hour.

There isn't an english word to describe how happy I am with the undercut transmission. The slightest little blip and she slips in and LOCKS into gear. Even the 1-2 shift, which is of course usually the slowest shift, its lightning fast now, skipping right past neutral and locking into 2nd. With a blip I can pop it from 2nd to 1st at 50 mph very smoothly with no clunk, crack, grind, nada, just slips right in. Today was the first time I wrung Mufasa's neck from 3rd to 5th on the freeway. Flat 100% throttle quickshifted with pure and utter smoothness, not a single bit of anything but buttery, ultra fast, full power shifts. While I love the new found power, the extra spent on undercutting all gears and installing the billet 4th, are absolutely worth every dollar (and then some). While the R3 already shifts better than many cruisers stock, I would compare it to the Daytona 675 now, lightning fast and butter smooth.

if you're having your motor done at carpenter, spend the little extra and have the trans sorted out while it's there, you will NOT regret it.

Did you have a GPS with you? Just wondering how fast you brought it up to? If you hit 5th you went faster than me, I haven't found enough straight flat road to run out of 4th. :oops:

Back