Happy Days My Rocket is Done

Well finally so long later I got this in the “mail” today, though my battery seems to be fubar from the shipping/sitting:

Quite a little difference there, Rob!

Claviger Stock HP.jpg Claviger New Dyno.jpg :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Nice read. Why do the Dynos start above 3000 rpm? What happens from 2000-3000?

Why: That’s how Carpenter does dynos.

Pretty much like stock, when I get a 3rd party dyno done it’ll show it.

Why: That’s how Carpenter does dynos.

Pretty much like stock, when I get a 3rd party dyno done it’ll show it.
Thanks. I find myself riding quite a bit in the 2-3k range just cruising. Any more and I’m“rocketing” down the road over the limit. I’d hate to lose that easy zone. I swear riding this thing is like trotting a thoroughbred holding back on the reins knowing that at any moment all he’ll could break lose with a flick of the wrist.

I imagine the Carpenter bike is intoxicating. My wife is going to crap when I tell her that I need more power.:laugh:

Nice read. Why do the Dynos start above 3000 rpm? What happens from 2000-3000?

Not much. Unless someone has a dyno that proves me wrong, it has less torque than stock, or at least less than Jardines and reflash, below 2500-3000 rpm, I think that's why it's posted that way, despite alternate explanations from Art and others. Just my opinion, strictly seat of the pants. But if I accidentally start in second now, it usually stalls, stock didn't do that. On the other hand, that's kind of a plus, it's very manageable at low rpm, not scary like high rpms.

Thanks. I find myself riding quite a bit in the 2-3k range just cruising. Any more and I’m“rocketing” down the road over the limit. I’d hate to lose that easy zone. I swear riding this thing is like trotting a thoroughbred holding back on the reins knowing that at any moment all he’ll could break lose with a flick of the wrist.

I imagine the Carpenter bike is intoxicating. My wife is going to crap when I tell her that I need more power.:laugh:
She'll really crap when you drop it into 2nd at 70 mph and the front tire goes up when you hammer it. :D

She'll really crap when you drop it into 2nd at 70 mph and the front tire goes up when you hammer it. :D

With the Touring being longer, heavier, and with a narrower rear tire, mine fishtails unless I have a pillion, then it will lift. Swapping the 180 for a 200 helped slighty, but I still need a pillion to wheelie.

With the Touring being longer, heavier, and with a narrower rear tire, mine fishtails unless I have a pillion, then it will lift. Swapping the 180 for a 200 helped slighty, but I still need a pillion to wheelie.
Alone it just takes enough weight off the front tire that you can feel that it's lost traction, not what I'd call a wheelie. With a passenger it actually raises the front a foot or so off the ground until just over 100. Either way 1000 cc sport bikes get left behind.

Back