Happy Days My Rocket is Done

Apparently I’d loaded my custom TuneECU file that has the 8K RPM limit in it not TuneBOY when I sent it off. Bob used my base tune, so the 8K limit actually worked out :). Here is the graph I was just emailed:

31F0118B-EC3D-4CCF-900C-51A00EC1791A.jpeg

God I’m so excited to see my monster again!
OK, for you guys that have take the plunge, how does that much more horsepower affect taking tight twisters and cutbacks on mountain roads? Does the readend slip or get away from you, when you accelerate to pull through the curves or initiating the inclines?

It can, but then, it can when its stock too if you open up the throttle fast at high lean in 2nd or 3rd. Just a matter of re-calibrating your hand.

What is disturbing is when it starts to slip, you DON'T close (unless you want to meet the pavement close up), just hold the throttle still, ride it out and when you finish exiting the corner after the drift you:

A: Feel like ****ing Rossi.
B: Are going WAAAAY faster than you thought possible :p

Well finally so long later I got this in the “mail” today, though my battery seems to be fubar from the shipping/sitting:

Attachments

• DE536C97-03B4-4D1F-A0C0-27CE1CD3E0ED.jpeg
    DE536C97-03B4-4D1F-A0C0-27CE1CD3E0ED.jpeg
    282.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 83DA7FC9-477E-449B-8811-E8684D81A128.jpeg
    83DA7FC9-477E-449B-8811-E8684D81A128.jpeg
    124.6 KB · Views: 0
It can, but then, it can when its stock too if you open up the throttle fast at high lean in 2nd or 3rd. Just a matter of re-calibrating your hand.

What is disturbing is when it starts to slip, you DON'T close (unless you want to meet the pavement close up), just hold the throttle still, ride it out and when you finish exiting the corner after the drift you:

A: Feel like ****ing Rossi.
B: Are going WAAAAY faster than you thought possible :p

The Carpenterized R3s are ALL about throttle control. They are totally streetable and maneuverable in all conditions provided that you know the beast's and your own limitations.

Ring that bell, Claviger! I can't wait for you to have your ride back.

BTW, I have used an extraordinary and reasonably priced, Texas-based, fully insured and bonded mc-exclusive shipper out of Texas two times over the last decade. He hauls for a lot of rich and famous cognoscenti/collectors and he does get up your way about once every 2-4 weeks. You should find him in the U-Ship system under Wolverine MC Transport, I believe. A very solid dude!

Last edited:
I have to say, pistons and bobs tune made a huge difference!!

The start-up is much more lively once it fires, it has authority in the exhaust note now, a much bassier note.
It sounds like a built motor, like when you hear a heavily modified V8 that’s high strung, you can just tell. Well you can just tell now, no hiding it, she’s built and she sounds like it.
Throttle response is stupid good, like, drastically more alive than with the low comp.
It’s also.... louder.... a good bit so, not a bad thing :p

Back