Happy Days My Rocket is Done

Claviger

Aspiring Student
Ride
'21 Z H2, '14 R3R, '02 Daytona 955i
just got off the phone with the magic men in Berlin New Jersey, bob did some experimenting on my bike, here are he results.

265 kit with a milled head, using “11.5:1” pistons for a final ratio of right around 13.5:1 to 14:1 (Bobs estimate) compression.

These are 92 Octane pump gas numbers:

CES header + tune: 233 WHP
Carp Header (no retune): 242 WHP
Carp Header + tune: 251 WHP

Keep in mind this is PUMP gas, the advertised power numbers for their kit are using MR12 VP oxygenated race gas, so those “missing” 14hp aren’t really missing. That’s a legit 251 streetable commuter whp.

Now to get the bike back on the west coast (and buy a Sidewinder + get it coated black).

Last edited:
Sounds good, I live 50 miles from bobs shop and work 3 miles from bobs shop! I could pick her up for you and ride her back to your place!!! She'd be nice and run in by the time I get there!! Never mind to cold to run across the country this time of year!! Lol

Good luck I'm sure she gone to run like a raped ape with all that work you have had done!

Last edited:
No, the sidewinder tune is staying in the bike, the Sidewinder will go on over winter.

I forgot to mention...

This was done on the 8K RPM limit.

Last edited:
My wife thinks so, but I’m just like Ricky Bobby...
67629DEF-AA1A-4A47-896E-CD7819474C0D.jpeg

Apparently I’d loaded my custom TuneECU file that has the 8K RPM limit in it not TuneBOY when I sent it off. Bob used my base tune, so the 8K limit actually worked out :). Here is the graph I was just emailed:

31F0118B-EC3D-4CCF-900C-51A00EC1791A.jpeg

God I’m so excited to see my monster again!

Last edited:
just got off the phone with the magic men in Berlin New Jersey, bob did some experimenting on my bike, here are he results.

265 kit with a milled head, using “11.5:1” pistons for a final ratio of right around 13.5:1 compression.

These are 92 Octane pump gas numbers:

CES header + tune: 233 WHP
Carp Header (no retune): 242 WHP
Carp Header + tune: 251 WHP

Keep in mind this is PUMP gas, the advertised power numbers for their kit are using MR12 VP oxygenated race gas, so those “missing” 14hp aren’t really missing. That’s a legit 251 streetable commuter whp.

Now to get the bike back on the west coast (and buy a Sidewinder + get it coated black).
I'm still wrestling with having this done. I've got a Touring. I'm guessing most of the upgrades are done on Roadsters. Is it stupid to do it on the R3T? Also, I like chrome pipes and I like unburnt legs. Is heat that big of a problem and do you use wraps or shields to handle the extra heat? I'm having a hard time warming up, no pun intended, to the look of wrapped pipes.

Back