Happy Days My Rocket is Done

Now to get the bike back on the west coast (and buy a Sidewinder + get it coated black).[/QUOTE]
I have used UShip Brandon Barrett very good shipping price. If your interested (440) 412-8385

I'm still wrestling with having this done. I've got a Touring. I'm guessing most of the upgrades are done on Roadsters. Is it stupid to do it on the R3T? Also, I like chrome pipes and I like unburnt legs. Is heat that big of a problem and do you use wraps or shields to handle the extra heat? I'm having a hard time warming up, no pun intended, to the look of wrapped pipes.

There's no particular reason not to do it on a touring. By most accounts the Carp kti increases mileage as long as you can keep your wrist out of the throttle. Don't always have to be racing to enjoy increased performance.

Not to mention there's several kits available. Don't have to go all the way up to the Pucker Up 265 kit.

Other will have to address the heat questions.

The new pipes come with shields I’m told.

It is warm but it depends where you live if it’s bearable. In Hawaii, stop and go traffic was NIGHtMARE. 90f ambient plus a hour going 1-2mph meant a toasty leg. Here in Washington even in 80f weather it’s totally comfortable.

Regarding doing it to a touring, hell yeah man. Ultimate sleeper bike! The carp packages are no harder to ride than stock, as long as your responsible with your right wrist. The power comes on smooth and in a linear manner, there’s just a lot more of it.

I was making 210 kit power earlier this year, and it was a blast still!! I think for many many riders, the 210 would be a perfect fit. It’s enough to give you an adrenaline rush every time you go full power. At 192whp I was dead even racing from 40-155 mph with an 800hp NISMO skyline GTR, that’s fast man!! Had no trouble smoking the pants off a 600 from both a dig and roll race on the track, not really even a race.

Three practical reasons to do it on a touring, better mileage, and better valve seats (on the 265 kit) that don’t need adjusting often/ever, and an improved timing chain setup+tensioner. All meaning your service intervals involve less work.

I reckon that’s quick enough for the sane. On a touring it would be amazing !

The new pipes come with shields I’m told.

It is warm but it depends where you live if it’s bearable. In Hawaii, stop and go traffic was NIGHtMARE. 90f ambient plus a hour going 1-2mph meant a toasty leg. Here in Washington even in 80f weather it’s totally comfortable.

Regarding doing it to a touring, hell yeah man. Ultimate sleeper bike! The carp packages are no harder to ride than stock, as long as your responsible with your right wrist. The power comes on smooth and in a linear manner, there’s just a lot more of it.

I was making 210 kit power earlier this year, and it was a blast still!! I think for many many riders, the 210 would be a perfect fit. It’s enough to give you an adrenaline rush every time you go full power. At 192whp I was dead even racing from 40-155 mph with an 800hp NISMO skyline GTR, that’s fast man!! Had no trouble smoking the pants off a 600 from both a dig and roll race on the track, not really even a race.

Three practical reasons to do it on a touring, better mileage, and better valve seats (on the 265 kit) that don’t need adjusting often/ever, and an improved timing chain setup+tensioner. All meaning your service intervals involve less work.

I reckon that’s quick enough for the sane. On a touring it would be amazing !
Good info. Regarding future service work, are local dealers able to service on the Carpenter bikes, or is it back to NJ?

They should be able to do everything still, the only thing I’d even mention is the tensioner, tell them it’s mechanical not hydraulic, any good bike wrench should know what to do.

just got off the phone with the magic men in Berlin New Jersey, bob did some experimenting on my bike, here are he results.

265 kit with a milled head, using “11.5:1” pistons for a final ratio of right around 13.5:1 compression.

These are 92 Octane pump gas numbers:

CES header + tune: 233 WHP
Carp Header (no retune): 242 WHP
Carp Header + tune: 251 WHP

Keep in mind this is PUMP gas, the advertised power numbers for their kit are using MR12 VP oxygenated race gas, so those “missing” 14hp aren’t really missing. That’s a legit 251 streetable commuter whp.

Now to get the bike back on the west coast (and buy a Sidewinder + get it coated black).
DONT coat the pipe black they hold up great they are 304 stainless and I like mine polished its 5 years old and looks new

I'm still wrestling with having this done. I've got a Touring. I'm guessing most of the upgrades are done on Roadsters. Is it stupid to do it on the R3T? Also, I like chrome pipes and I like unburnt legs. Is heat that big of a problem and do you use wraps or shields to handle the extra heat? I'm having a hard time warming up, no pun intended, to the look of wrapped pipes.
CARP does a lot of R3T touring models and there are heat sheilds you can use you dont need to wrap the pipes

The shop near me actually excels at coatings, not like some of the big names out there whos work quality has slipped a bit over the years.

It has nothing to do with performance or quality of the exhaust and everything to do with black on black on black on black with a splash of carbon :p

Congrats,Rob! Bet you be wetting yer britches with excitment & anticipation.
Let's get together next month for a lunch at Hawkes Prairie.

Back