Happy Days My Rocket is Done

Did you have a GPS with you? Just wondering how fast you brought it up to? If you hit 5th you went faster than me, I haven't found enough straight flat road to run out of 4th. :oops:
You live in Louisiana and can't find enough straight road
You in the swamp. :eek::rolleyes::whitstling:

Did you have a GPS with you? Just wondering how fast you brought it up to? If you hit 5th you went faster than me, I haven't found enough straight flat road to run out of 4th. :oops:

Thus far I’ve only gotten to “school zone + gauge max” :) No damper needed, bike felt fantastic! Just randomly decided to roll into 5th for a bit at 80ish and it turned into a “let’s test the Emax grip” session :)

Haven’t actually gone for any top speed attempts, just looked down out of morbid curiosity mid turn and caught that lol.

I generally go faster round bends than straights, I love strong drive off the corners. Though I do occasional decide to spank it for a mile or two on the freeway (freeways aren’t straight here).

I’ll get a GoPro mounted on the rear looking forward at some point.

Thus far I’ve only gotten to “school zone + gauge max” :) No damper needed, bike felt fantastic! Just randomly decided to roll into 5th for a bit at 80ish and it turned into a “let’s test the Emax grip” session :)

Haven’t actually gone for any top speed attempts, just looked down out of morbid curiosity mid turn and caught that lol.

I generally go faster round bends than straights, I love strong drive off the corners. Though I do occasional decide to spank it for a mile or two on the freeway (freeways aren’t straight here).
I was just curious, because you mentioned running hard from 3rd to 5th. I've only gotten to 176 mph, and hadn't found the end of 4th.

I only have 8,000 not 9,000, so my shift points are some MPH slower.

9000 gear maxes
DBEDC3A0-4596-4983-B9D0-A0DEA254F543.png

8000 gear maxes
38E45B3D-F1F5-457B-8F5E-E3BA966EC0E7.png

I believe that you fellas gonna' need to put some Super Glue on your saddles and invest in splitters/ spoilers for your tins ifn's y'all wanna' explore your machines' real top end capability. I believe that the theoretical top speed for fully worked Silverback Rockets is just north of 235 mph.

I must have been reading your mind, Claviger as we put up these last two posts simultaneously.

Last edited:
Yep :). Saw 184 on my re-geared Daytona 955 (was cheating, going down hill). The sense of speed is as different between the R3 and the Daytona as it is between a corvette and the Daytona.

The R3 actually feels better at extremes the Daytona, which actually becomes somewhat difficult to turn because of the Aero.

Lawdy, Lawdy, Ms. Clauwdy!!! Kings of The Road...

... "So bye, bye, bye, baby
Gal, I won't be comin' no more
Goodbye, little darlin'
Down the road I go

Oh, goodbye, bye, bye, baby
Gal, I won't be comin' no more
Goodbye, little darlin'
Down the road I go"

Back