Hand deflectors

jmenor

Standard Bore
Ride
Rocket III Roadster
Hi all,

I ride my Rocket almost every day in the year even in Winter and I do not know how to prevent the cold in my hands.

I have tried with heated grips plus heated gloves but, when it is very cold, even with that I feel my hands freezed.

I have seen hand deflectors mounted in other bikes and I do not know if somebody has tried some in one Rocket and can show photos.

Thanks in advance!.

3.8.15a.jpg

I use the HippoHands for my cold weather riding. With regular winter weight glove (non-heated) I have ridden for two hours at 20F and still have full use of my hands at the end of the ride. With heated gloves, this combo is good for all day at 6-12 F; at least by my experience.

Also, @teraeric has a really functional windscreen on his R3R that appears to have decent hand deflection. Eric, what are the particulars of yours?

Boog, you guys up in the north land are a tough bunch. 20F for 2 hours, I'm pretty sure that would kill me.

I was interested in grip deflectors as well (You can search for my previous thread) but it looks like you need to remove the bar end caps to do it and I am not willing to lose those pieces right now

Give member @Bedifferent a PM. He made some wind deflectors out of easily sourced materials that work like a champ. They clamp onto the windshield so they work great on a touring, you would have to talk to him to see if they would work for you (depends on your windscreen).

bob

eta: If you look at this thread you can see what is left of one on the picture he posted of his windshield.

Last edited:
Cheap solution for me was a pair of hardware store lined rubber gloves with my gunslinger leathers inside do the trick for me.
@RKTNMYPKT can also attest to this . . .

Holy $hit that vid was LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG!
In the Army we called it "field expediency". :D

Back